Man vrs. Woman

Funny story from work a few weeks ago....

I work at a huge crafts and home decorating store. We have (had) lots of stuff for the Christmas holidays - so much stuff that we needed to hang some of the bigger wall signs way up high.

As I was working in the section next to this wall, two sweet ladies asked me if I could help them get down a santa sign that was at the very tippy top of said wall. Being both pregnant and scared to death of ladders, I proceeded to ask the nice stock guy J, if he'd come and get it for them. As he walked over, I suggested he go and get the big ladder from down the way. He said no, and grabbed the short ladder and hook-pole as he passed them in the corner. I didn't see how this was going to work, since the Santa sign was hung from a teeny hole, on a large hook, but I didn't say anything.

I watched as J struggled to stay on the ladder while rrrreeeeeaaaaachingggggggg for that sign with the pole. He actually managed to hook it on several times, but it kept slipping. The two ladies tried to give J helpful suggestions, but nothing worked. I just watched. After a while, he looked at me and said "I should probably try the ladder, huh?"
"If you're sure" I responded.

J went and got the big ladder, while I folded up the little one, and put it and the pole back in the corner. After a small mishap in which he almost slammed the ladder in my face, he managed to open it, shimmy up and get that sign in no time. The two ladies were delighted, and thanked us both.

As I helped him put the ladder away, J sighed and said " You know, you were right about that ladder the first time. Guys can be so stupid sometimes, right?"

I gave a chuckle. "You're not stupid J, nor are most guys. You all just like to do things the hardest way possible!"

I could see him thinking this over, and then he looked at me and exclaimed "You're right! We DO do things the hard way, all the time! I just never thought of it that way before!"

I grinned at him and before I walked away I said "Of course I'm right about that J. I know how it works. I'm married."

When I told that tale to my dear husband, he laughed and said "Oh J..... he'll learn someday!"


(My very smart husband and myself last summer)

Comments

Popular Posts