Oh baby!

So the news is out!

The main reason that I haven't been blogging lately... well, at all, is because our lives have been very baby-centered for the past couple months, and we didn't want to make it public knowledge quite yet.

In case anyone wanted the story as to how we found out...

September 3rd was our one-year wedding anniversary. Since it also happened to be Labor, Day, we both had it off from work, and went down to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for a day out. I had been cooking up a surprise for Thomas for a while beforehand, and I coudln't wait! He's been saying how much he wanted to go to Fogo de Chao with me (a Brazilian steakhouse) but it's very pricy, and we never could really justify going there for dinner. Lunch however was a little different, and I had decided before-hand that since red meat doesn't really agree with me, I'd just eat from the salad bar, and let him have his meat. However when we got to the restaurant  and I saw the meats they were taking around, everything looked SO GOOD. I chowed down as much as I could, and didn't feel a bit sick afterwards, which is very, very odd for me. Throughout the day, Thomas and I were catching up on each other, and I mentioned that I hadn't been feeling very well physically lately - but that emotionally I was SO happy about everything. Apparently this, along with the meat thing set off a few alarm bells in my dear husband's head, and on our way home that evening he bought two pregnancy tests. I thought he was crazy.

About an hour later, I was calling from the bathroom "So, how often are these 100% accurate?" When I didn't get an answer, I poked my head out of the bathroom. Thomas was on the sofa watching something on TV. I repeated my question. He responded with "I heard you the first time." I don't think he let the news sink in for a while after that.

About 3 days later I was getting smuggled inside the hospital where Thomas works, and he gave me my first ultrasound. Thomas decided there was definitely something in there - as if the 4 pregnancy test that I had taken by that point could have ALL been wrong. ::sillyboy::

It's been pretty routine since then. Our first Dr. appointment was a bit scary, because it didn't look as though the baby was attaching well, but it turned out to be an earlier pregnancy than we expected. Since then the baby has been difficult EVERY SINGLE TIME we go back for an appointment of some kind. My doctor is already calling him a brat baby. I told Thomas that it's definitely our baby then! He/she is always moving too much, or hiding behind something (which I don't really understand, but Thomas and the doctor seem to know what they're talking about). We were finally able to find the heartbeat today, after about 4 tries. We went for an 'official' ultrasound to measure the baby a few weeks ago, and the tech kept trying to tell the baby to hold still for her, because he/she was jumping all around! Imagine this big Russian lady saying "Hold still baby, I want to measure your head." Then imagine the look she gave me when I snickered, and messed up her picture.

This is SO our kid.

So yep. There's lots more to update about, but this is a start. As I think I've said about 8million times, we're SO excited for this new adventure! Scared, worried, and nervous as heck, but the excitement and happiness weighs them out. :)

Comments

  1. I'm so excited!!! :D :D I can't WAIT until Stormy gets here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO. Did I mention that I am SO happy for you guys? You're going to be funny (I mean great) parents. Thomas looks nervous, or rather like a deer in the headlights. Poor man. Good thing he's great with kids, at least Raeford usually likes him :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts