A Valentine's Disney trip!



Well hi there! It's been a while, and I've almost forgotten how to type on a keyboard - but Thomas and I took a little getaway trip last week that deserves to be documented! 

One of my hopes when we got our Annual Passes last year, was that we'd be able to go to the Arts Festival at Epcot, which they run between the holidays and the Flower and Garden festival. Thomas was so sweet, and let me have my wish, and we left on the 12th!


One of the most important things on this trip, was entering the ride lottery to be able to get into the newest Star Wars ride - Rise of the Resistance! We got up at 6am two days in a row, and got slot 13 on the second day! (it can get up to the 130s!) It's a crazy ride, unsurpassed in its tech and storytelling. I got to go on it back in November, but it was SO FUN watching Thomas experience it for the first time!





Another highlight of the trip was meeting up with Rachel! She's lived down there since July, and while we miss her very much, it's so fun to see her thriving in Florida.


Paint-by-number - sadly this mural didn't get finished while we were there, but it was a beautiful picture of a rainbow and clouds!


A super fun aspect of the arts festival was that they had backdrops to famous paintings set up so YOU could be in the painting! I'm facing the wrong way in this one, but can you guess what paintings we are?


 Another aspect of this festival was the artful food! This almond and raspberry jam cake was delicious!


I wish you could have seen the dedication that went into plating this salmon and cheese cake. It was almost painful to eat... but eat it we did. SO yummy!



On valentine's day we went to a special event  - Villians after-hours at Magic Kingdom! We got to walk right onto rides and eat yummy treats - and be scared! Very scared!



Wouldn't you also be terrified of this ghost taking you home?! (Notice Thomas saving his milkshake)


The night ended with a special villains parade at midnight.



Thomas and I had a lot of fun, and I'm so grateful he comes along with me on my Disney adventures! Thomas is the best valentine <3

Comments

Popular Posts