A mommy moment



We woke up late, miss Margaret and myself. After getting dressed, and playing with her on the bed (while Flynn played his kitty iPad game), I took her downstairs to nurse. Flynn followed us down, no doubt hoping if remember that he needed breakfast as well.

fter about 5 minutes, I heard a noise above my hair. I looked and saw Flynn walking along the kitchen bar, haphazardly knocking things out of his way. "Flynn, down" I said in my stern voice. Flynn looks me, then sat back on his haunches, watching me. 

"Flynn, get down now!" I said this with a bit of exasperation Margaret looked up at me with a concerned look on her face. Usually I'm all calm and smiles while she's nursing, and I think she was wondering what was wrong with me. Flynn got up, moved about half a foot, and then lay down on the bar, knocking a few papers into the sink as he did so. 

"Flynn!!" I tried banging against the wall, and throwing a burp cloth at him. Neither thing worked, and by this point both Meggy and Flynn were giving me worried looks. Meggy knew that I would stop feeding her until she was she, so why was I bothering her with loud noises, and throwing things? Flynn knew that I couldn't get up and whack him down while I was nursing the baby, so he was content to just sit there. 

So I let him sit there. He sat on the kitchen bar for about an hour, even after I had finished nursing, and made lunch in the kitchen. We have come to a new understanding. As long as he doesn't do that when his daddy is home, I'll let him hang out on the bar. For my sanity.


Comments

Popular Posts