Two months old!

I can't believe my baby is two months old already! (Plus a week or two. Since I'm behind in a lot of things...) Time certainly flies by, and I've been having so much fun watching this little one grow so fast. 

Two days old
Two months old!


Margaret has had a lot of things happen to her this month - she's learned how to smile (on purpose) got blessed by her daddy on Father's Day, has almost grown out of her newborn clothes, and went to the emergency room for the first time in her little life. That's saying a lot, because it was only the second time I've ever been to an emergency room!

This was taken at about 2am. NOT. FUN.

Margaret has also been sleeping more at night, hooray! I usually only have to get up once or twice with her each night, and Thomas less than that, since he doesn't wake up nearly as much as I do. We have a lovely goodnight routine down, and I love singing her to sleep. I was worried that I hadn't exposed Margaret to enough music while she was in my tummy, but I forgot how much I sing to myself, many times without realizing it. I've learned to pay attention in the last month, because Meggy sure does! She perks up when she hears Thomas or myself singing, and I've quickly become a fan of the meditation/relaxation channel on Pandora. I turn it in when she's having a fussy moment, and it really helps her calm down, and relax. The lullaby mix I sing to Meggy each night is very eclectic. It consists of oldies (and I mean old oldies!) that my nana and papa used to sing to my mom, show tunes, and Disney songs. Very few actual lullabies, now that I think of it!! And for when I'm just too tired to think of anymore song lyrics, I have a wonderful playlist that has Kenny Loggins, and Izzy Kamakawiwo'ole singing their hearts out.

Sleepin' away....

The other big thing that's he's been doing lately, is cooing and smiling! Admittedly, this is something she started doing after her 2-month marker, but it was RIGHT after it, like, the 24th of June :) It is the sweetest thing, and it just melts my heart every time. 
 When Meggy first started smiling, you really had to work for it! But now she'll smile at you when she is really happy, or content. When she started cooing, she would have a little happy moment, smiling and cooing. She does it a lot when she's nursing. I'll say something, and Margaret will look up at me, smile, and start saying "ahhh- coo". She does it so quietly and delicately, it makes me feel as though she's letting me in on a secret. Thomas totally teared up the first time Meggy talked to him. He still gets a little misty-eyed when she talks or smiles at him. 

Margaret always gets tummy troubles around dinner time, and this is the only position she feels comfortable in.

Meggy's personality is really starting to come through! She still loves being warm and cosy, and snuggles with us. She also LOVES going outside! When she's fussy, all we have to do is head outside and let he wind blow on her face. When we go on walks, Margaret will look at everything going on, until she's had enough and falls into a deep sleep. She still completely ignores the cat, but he's been getting more curious about her. 

She's starting to grow into all her cute clothes she received at her baby showers! Here's a little slideshow:

At her baby blessing - the blanket was made by Thomas' Aunt Linda, and the dress was hand-croched!
Sleeping with Daddy

This dress has a little fish, and seahorse on it. 

Looking cute for church!

Thomas picked these pj's out, because they have elephants on them :)

My Dad picked out this rattle when he and Mom went to Disney Wolrld last winter. Megs can't hold it yet, but we're working on that by putting it in her hand. She's so cute when she accidentally whacks herself in the face with it! 

After a walk this afternoon - she was hot, cranky, and hungry. 

A few days ago, Margaret started sucking on her fist when she was upset. I'm not sure how much she comprehends, but she is at least starting to realize that it's HER hand she is putting to her mouth. 

I can't wait to see what this next month brings! 









Comments

  1. What a cutie! I like the contrast between her two day and two month pictures. She's chunking up nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts