Tour of the house, part 1

I know I promised the post a while ago, but we just cleaned up the downstairs for company, so here we have the first installment of pictures of our new house!


We have the house on the end, which is great! It's right next to the mailboxes and guest parking, and we only have neighbors against one wall. And they're very quiet. 



This is our living room! It's a little mis-matched, but it's cosy, and the three of us love spending time in here in the evenings. Flynn loves it too, as you can probably tell. The chair is over next to the windows because he likes to sit on it and watch the birds flit around in the bushes outside. 


Our kitchen! I loooooove all the counter and cupboard space! The oven and dishwasher are fairly new, and the fridge is clean, and doesn't smell funny, which is a huge improvement compared to the past two fridges we've had. There's enough space for all our gadgets, and it's a joy to cook in here.



This is the downstairs bedroom. It's our catchall room, with canned goods in the closet, the futon, and keyboard in here. There's a full bath across from it, but it's very plain, so I didn't bother to take a picture. 


Our balcony is lovely! We ate out here the other night, with Meggy in her bouncer. The weather has been lovely, and this balcony is perfect for just watching the world go by. Not that there's much to go by- in the 45 minutes we were out here, I think two cars and one person went by the house.


This is Flynn's area. It's actually the pantry, and there are shelves above Flynn's head, but this is the first time he's had a place to call his own. He begs for food every time someone passes by.


Well that's the downstairs! This is my favourite part - all of our favourite books are here, and we got those beautiful flowers at the farmers market on Saturday. There was a lady selling gorgeous arrangements from her garden. They may not last as long as store-bought flowers, but I absolutely adore them. I keep seeing roses when I take Meggy out for walks, and I think I'm going to have to get a potted rose or two to put on our balcony. 



Comments

Popular Posts