Six weeks!

Yesterday our little Meggy Mouse turned six weeks old! We celebrated by using the Moby Wrap for the first time. I've been a bit scared to use it, since the wrap is huge and Margaret is so small. I watched a few how-to videos over the weekend though, and felt confident enough to try it out yesterday. 

It was a beautiful day outside, sunny and in the 70s, and I made the decision to go for a walk. Now, we have a perfectly wonderful stroller, but I figured that since she was doing really well in the wrap,  I'd keep her in it. I set out at 10:30, confident that it'd be a good way to connect in our walk. 

When I stumbled up the front steps at 12pm, I managed a glare at the stroller, as I collapsed on the sofa. For a new mom who hasn't extensively exercised in the past 4ish months, an hour and a half walk on hilly streets is way. too. much. It was my fault - in the first 30 minutes of the walk I had passed through construction, and I tried to go around it on the way back. 

Ha.

After passing the 6th dead end road, I finally turned around and went back the way I had come. Meggy slept the whole time, despite my muffled groans of pain during the last hill before our house. My thighs were burning, I had a blister on my left ankle, and I thought my knee was about to give out. Luckily for me, as soon as I collapsed on the sofa, Margaret woke up, and informe me on no uncertain terms that she still wanted me to walk around with her. She didn't want to eat, she didn't need a diaper change (well, she did, but after that one), and she certainly wasn't going to go into her bouncer without screaming bloody murder. Even Flynn hid under the sofa after that one. 

Well, Margaret's mommy was totally and completely fed up by that point. I put her in the sling, but the only way she'll let me do that is if I let her stick her head out and rest it on my arm. This little girl likes feeling skin - in the wrap, I have to be wearing a shirt cut low enough that she can rest her cheek on my chest. When Thomas burps her over his shoulder, she'll slide her head down until she gets past his shirtsleeve to rest her head on his arm. The sling is no different. Her body can be in (although she doesn't really like it) but she has rest her head against my arm. That left me with one arm with which to make/eat my lunch, and she kept getting SO upset! It took me about an hour just to eat my lunch, in between bouncing, soothing, singing, and walking on my oh-so tired legs. 

This went on until about 4:15, when we both passed out. Thomas same home to find us both sleeping soundly... and we were both grumpy when we woke up. Meggy was pretty fussy for the rest of the night, and alternated sleeping and crying until we finally put her to bed at about 10pm. 


Today seems to be better, thank goodness! I was able to eat breakfast and clean up the suitcase full of things that were still left from our trip to see the grandparents. Flynn as going crazy this morning, but he wore himself out and is currently sacked out under the bed. I can see his back paws and tail. This week is a quiet one, with two busy weeks ahead of us. 

I'm really loving the quiet moments. I enjoy having family (and feeling productive when there's someone else here to help/hold the baby) but my favorite moments of the day are when we're just being together, nursing, or singing, or just watching her while she sleeps. She makes the silliest expressions! It's been quite amazing watching this little girl grow, and so hard to believe she's been in our lives for a whole 6 weeks already!


Silly faces with Daddy


Quiet moments with Aunty Rachel.


These next couple were from her one month photo shoot. It didn't last very long, and th lighting is horrible, but we got some cute expressions. 


Comments

Popular Posts