Job Searching

So, we had a bit of a shock when Thomas went to the bank yesterday - a shock that makes my getting a job more immediate. So I've been half-heartedly filling out applications on the internet for the past week, and today I'm off and out to go in person to apply to a few more. Disney Store and Hobby Lobby here I come!

What, you can't sense my enthusiasm?

I'll admit, this hasn't been the most important thing on my list. Even though we're dirt-poor, I like my life, being able to see and spend time with my husband when he gets home, planning (sort of) and making dinners. Mostly, I like the freedom when Thomas comes home, and we're able to do things together. He has tome at school to study, so he's totally free when he comes home, and we're free to make dinner, go window shopping, watch movies, and {listen to him} play the piano. I really don't want to change that little cycle. Arin and Christopher (who got married a week after we did) only see each other for about 2 hours a night, and perhaps they get a whole night on the weekends. That's what happens when both are working a full-time job, and one is in school. I couldn't stand that, I really couldn't. I didn't think of myself as clingy, until Thomas and I started dating. After him, all bets were off. I hate it when he's gone, and I hate doing things without him. I feel so silly saying that, but apparently that's how it usually goes after you've become a newlywed.

Also, this whole new town thing is totally throwing me off. I knew where everything was back in Charlottesville. Now I have to go on Google Maps anytime I go ANYWHERE. This morning I ended up writing directions 4 more times than I had to, because I ended up choosing different paths. That's not even mentioning the fact that I had written out some of these places yesterday as well. It's awful. I'm sure that as soon as I get everything down, we'll just move again. I suppose that's one reason most people don't usually move more than once or twice in their lives - because they know where everything is!

I know where Target is, and I know where the grocery store is, and I know where the library is, so, I suppose Those are the most important things, correct? I just hate having to look at directions all the time.

Ok. I have a lot of errands to run. Let's see if I've got 'em all straight - Post Office, Hobby Lobby, Target, Library, Social Security office (to finally legally change my name!) Lush, and The Disney Store at the Columbia mall, and then to Massage Envy to pick up my hubby from his carpool. And if I have any money left, I'm picking up a box of maple cookies at Trader Joe's, because by then, I think I'll have deserved it.

Comments

Popular Posts