Beautiful

While surfing the net for much to long a time today, I stumbled across this gem. The artist Rose Datoc Dall, who paints both religious painting and studies of ordinary people. They are all absolutely breathtaking, with the emphasis on the quiet beauty of people. I found this video of her painting for a bookstore, a rendering of Mary.

Anyway. I was happy to find something pretty. I had a really bad day yesterday. But I've found, that when I have one of those really,  really bad days, the next day, I am so grateful for all the little beautiful things I see. For instance, this morning, it was a BEAUTIFUL day! It's one of those slightly warm, but just the slightest crisp in the air fall mornings. It smells of fall, but it's still warm and lovely. The sky was a wonderful blue, and there was a breeze in the air. I went to the Amish Market today, and bought some yummy treats for General Conference. I was bad and got potato chips (but they were MADE by the Amish! That makes them healthy, right?) but I chose un-frosted pretzels, and popcorn, so I chose things that were a little bit more healthy! I'm going to re-learn how to make it popcorn on the stove. Dad did it when I was little... therefore it can't be too hard to do, right?

I also found this pretty site.

Pretty things are making me happy today.

Comments

Popular Posts