Win some Lose some



So I've been thinking a lot lately about balance. Yin/Yang, Karma, The Force, good vibes, or whatever you want to call it, it's out there in the universe. Sometimes things are balanced more one way than another, but sooner or later you're going to have something really good, or really bad happen to you.

Thankfully, I haven't had anything drastically bad (or good for that matter) happen, but today I won a dress.

Also, today I was having a bad day.

Not a day worthy of Alexander or moving to Australia, but just a below-average day. Wren woke up at 5:30, and fell asleep soon after I went in to nurse her. I fell asleep too, in the chair next to her crib. I woke with a scared start, to Meggy scratching my arm, complaining that she was hungry and wanted breakfast.

We were almost-late for meeting up with my sister, thanks to Meggy's stalling, and the library (where we were supposed to meet her) was closed. So we had to re-group and Meggy and Rachel walked around the mall while I was in therapy.

The actual therapy session actually went really well, except for the fact that Wren was screaming like a mini pterodactyl the entire time. When when we got back to the mall and I bought pretzels as treats for everyone, Meggy didn't like hers and asked what else I was going to make her for lunch. She also did not like my response to that, which was to put her in the car and slam a yogurt in front of her when we got home.

Wren went down for a nice long nap, and I started on dinner early. Dinner prep actually went rather well, as did everything else until we left for my chiropractor appointment.

Yes, I see a lot of doctors in my week. I have all kinds of issues.

I really like my chiropractor. He's sarcastic and witty, and still manages to actually care about my back and the specific things I do to help/harm it. He also doesn't bat an eye when my baby screams bloody murder the entire time I'm in his office. As she does every, single time I'm there. On our way home, Meggy annoyed me by asking what was for dinner, when she could have it, and copping an attitude about how I never feed her things she likes. (I did feel bad that I forgot she doesn't like pretzels, because then I wouldn't have wasted one on her!) Once I got dinner in front of her, guess what?

"Ugh MOM this is a-GUSTIN'! I don't like crust or salad."

Then she wouldn't do our 10 minute clean up that we do before bed every night.

Did I mention this is the night that Thomas has school until 10pm?

I made Meggy to straight to bed, and let Wren stay up, because I didn't want to deal with putting her to bed. I did dishes (i hate dishes) and then Wren and I danced around to songs from The Greatest Showman, and took crayons in and out and in and out of Meggy's little crayon bag. When I went back upstairs, Meggy was sprawled out asleep on her bed. Poor thing was just tired. I think she's going through a growth spurt and needs more sleep, but she refuses to take naps, so it comes out as attitude.

Wren fell asleep fairly quickly, and I was able to read some scripture and the book I'm currently plodding through. That's my favourite part of putting her down on a good night. It's peaceful and quiet, and she's always so cozy and warm in my arms as I read.

Then, as I was coming down the stairs, mentally compiling the list of things I need to get done over the next few days, I looked on facebook and, guess what? I had won a dress! And then the person from whom I won asked me whether or not I wanted a Disney or regular print! I mean, I may get some ugly Kermit the Frog print, but hey! It's a free Kermit the frog print!

The point is, I had a day. It wasn't particularly good, or bad, although it had great moments of each. I'm tired and worn out at this day's end, but I feel as though I did a decent mom-job today, and it ended on a happy note.

You win some and you lose some in life, and I'm glad to know that I'm ok with that.

This picture has nothing to do with my topic, but I just love how it shows my girl's personalities right now.

Comments

Popular Posts