2015 in Review

...better late than never, right?


1. What did you do in 2015 that you had never done before?
We lived next to a pool, which was SUPER fun this summer. Also taking Meggy to Disney World for her first time was a blast, and a learning experience. I traveled away from Meggy for three (separate) weeks, and took a cruise. That was waaaay back in March, and I keep forgetting about it.

2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had made some health goals, which I kept for about 5 months. It was pretty awesome, before it became too stressful. I made it within 3lbs of my goal weight, and I discovered some food aversions I hadn't realized. I'm making a few, less specific goals for this year, still in the 'health and healing' spectrum. Basically - better health, and healing my body.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had two cousins give birth to two baby girls, and also one of my best friends gave birth to a baby girl. It was a girl year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
This year was unfortunately the most death with which I have ever dealt. My Grandfather passed away in May, our dear family dog of 16 years passed away at the end of summer, my Great Grandmother passed away right before Thanksgiving, and my Mom's beloved cat passed away right before New Years.

5. What countries did you visit?
On our cruise in March, Thomas and I went to the Bahamas for the first time! We didn't experience a lot of culture, but it was lots of fun.

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you didn't have in 2015?
My response last year was follow-though, and I think I did a good job of keeping that. This year, my answer is peace.

7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
I can't seem to think of any amazingly good memories, so let's move on...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Perhaps making Meggy's princess dresses for Disney World. I hadn't really sewed before, so making 5 dresses in a row, partially of my own design, was challenging, but awesome.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking enough time for myself. Also being selfish. Have I mentioned how hard it is to do one without the other?!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A little bit - I was basically sick for part of November and basically the whole month of December. And when I wasn't feeling sick, I was having pregnancy symptoms (nausea, leg/abdomen pain, headaches) so that was fun as well. The other 10 months of the year I did pretty well, with only a little cold here or there.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My annual pass to Disney World. Also, toys for Meggy, because she's so creative, and I love watching her imagination at work.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, mortgage, replacing the AC unit in our house down south. THAT was fun.

13. What did you get really, really excited about?
Disney. Meggy's achievements. She's so awesome.

14. What song will remind you of 2015?
Doc McStuffin's CD - we listened to it on repeat all summer.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Not to repeat myself, but - taking time for myself. I teeter between feeling utterly selfish that I need to do things for myself, and then feeling completely spent, because I haven't bothered to recharge.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Whining. Saying yes to people when I wanted to say no. Eating sugar when upset. (I'm typing this as I eat frosted animal cookies, so...)

17. How did you spend Christmas?
We had Christmas morning at our apartment (Thomas and I only took 30min to set up Meggy's trampoline!) and then spent the rest of the day at the Vance's, along with Trevor and Tiffany who had driven down for the weekend. LOTS of good food.

18. 2015 Word of the year?
Unexpected

19. What was your favourite TV program?
I really enjoyed Jane the Virgin this year, as well as my usual, Modern Family and the Middle. Thomas got all caught up on Modern Family, and now we have nothing to watch, haha.

20. What was the best book you read?
Winter, the last book of the Lunar Chronicles was really good. I did a lot of 'fluffy' reading this year, so none of it was great, but it kept my mind entertained, which was the point.

21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing I hadn't already known. Meggy discovered Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, as well as many other Christmas songs that she is still adamant about singing.

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what happened on my actual birthday (I think I went to church, and had family over for dinner?) But Thomas took me out to Cheesecake Factory a few days before, and that was lovely. I turned 24, but it felt like 34.

23. What one thing could have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money that magically came to us when we needed to pay for the new AC unit. That was a very, very stressful time.

24. What kept you sane?
Not much. That's one of my goals for this year - to find what brings me peace, and figure out how to utilize it. One thing I discovered was the Bella Grace magazine. It's beautiful and inspiring, and I devour every issue.

25. What political issue stirred you the most?
Everyone's running for president, and each candidate seems more ridiculous than the last. I'm wondering where I can nominate my cat?

26. What was the best movie you saw.
My favourite movie was Cinderella. The best movie was Star Wars VII, The Force Awakens. I can't believe we need to wait another 2 years for the next one!!!

27. Who was the best new person you met?
Mr Darcy-kitty. He's been such a wonderful addition to my family, and we all adore him.

28. A valuable life lesson you leaned in 2015?
Look out for yourself, because nobody else is going to do it.

29. Areas of growth/ areas of struggle?
Growth:
-healthy eating
-budgeting
-patience

Struggle:
-TV watching, for me and Meggy
-exercise

30. Pet Peeves?
People who don't take responsibility for their actions - also people who hold themselves responsible for the actions of others. I do that last one sometimes. Something else to work on.





Comments

Popular Posts