Weekend at Grandma's

So this weekend had been in the works for a while. Thomas, Meggy and myself were going to head up to PA on friday to visit my best friend and her new baby! Unfortunately, that baby still has decided not to show up, and I had come down with a cold (I think. I'm pretty sure I was sick, but it was very weird) so we decided not to risk Arin getting sick, and headed to Thomas' parents instead. 



Chip is out of the country at the moment, so it was just Gail, Victoria, and the three of us. Margaret looooved her grandma time! She was very spoiled; anytime she started getting fussy, or crying, in swooped grandma with a toy, or bouncing time! We visited my family on Saturday, where Meggy got in some good aunty time, and did horribly when we put her down for naps. She slept pretty badly this whole trip, except for Monday. I think by that time, she was just completely exhausted.



Nothing too eventful happened. We got to visit the new Asian market in C'ville, and I discovered that I really like taro mochi. I recently discovered that I like taro-flavored froyo, and I was excited to try the mochi, which is kind of like a filled marshmallow. Thomas and I rented  the move "Now You See Me", which was interesting. The best part was the ending, but it was kind of a bummer to watch the whole movie, then have the good stuff last about two minutes. 

Here's Meggy mouse wearing overalls that used to belong to me. We had a diaper mishap while visiting, but thankfully Mom had some of our old baby clothes waiting upstairs. They're a bit big for her, but she looks awfully cute! 

I did a sewing project over the weekend! I'm so proud of myself; I managed to sew on a machine, and I only broke ONE needle while doing so. I had Pinned a tutorial on making baby legwarmers from women's knee socks, and with the colder months ahead, I had wanted to make some for Meggy! So we got some socks, and I think I did a pretty good job. The three in the picture below are all made with little cuffs, which is the harder version, but they stay on her little legs much easier that way


The legwarmers she's wearing in this picture are easier to make,and reaaaaly cute, but they don't stay on very well.

(Blurry picture, but you can see the cute little ruffles on her leggings)

We don't have a whole lot going on this week, thank goodness. Thomas works through Saturday (blech), and I'm working on getting everything in order for our Cali trip! We're leaving the first weekend in October, and we are getting SO excited! Most of the details for while we're there are arranged, I'm just working on lacking lists and things like that.

Looks like someone is waking from her nap. Catch ya later!

















Comments

Popular Posts