Last room of the house

,Here's the last room! Thomas and I haven't done a thing to our bedroom since we moved into the house. It became our catch-all, and a dumping ground for all the clothes, baby stuff (while we were fixing up the baby's room) books, and pretty much anything that went through the house. Saturday (which also happened to be Thomas' birthday) we finally buckled down and went to work! I took some pictures this morning, because I have a feeling this is the cleanest the bedroom will be for a while. 


One of the few luxuries we afforded ourselves when we moved, was a bedding set for our bed. It came with a few more pillows, but those are hardly ever on the bed. At some point, we want to paint the bedroom tan, as on the bedcover, but that's a project that's a loooong way away. 


This is my little nursing corner. The chair is quite cosy, and I have everything that I need on my little table for early morning feelings. Even though Meggy isn't in our room anymore, that's still the nicest place to nurse her. 


My dresser and our bookshelf is at the foot of the bed. You can see Thomas' chest-of-drawers, and CD player reflected in the mirror. I forgot to get a picture of our closets, but they're really not that interesting. Thomas has so much stuff in front of his closet (still!) that he cannot close the doors. I have a lot of stuff in my closet, but I'm proud of the fact that I can close the doors. 

As with all the other rooms in the house, we need to put something on the walls. My goal is to have the downstairs done by the new year, and our bedroom/bathroom decorated by Meggy's first birthday. I think those are quite realistic goals, and I'm always on the lookout for cheap frames, or things that I can re-purpose to fit our home. 

Also, how's the new blog look? I like it, clean, bright and simple. What do you think? 

Here's a picture of grumpy Margaret on the bed. This is the outfit that elicits "is he a boy or a girl?" comments, so I usually dress her in this sort of thing when we're definitely staying home.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts