As for non-baby news...

...... although there really isn't much in our lives that is NOT related to the baby somehow. But I haven't done an update on us lately, so here you go.

Thomas is working as a PRN sonographer at a lovely hospital about 30 minutes north of us. (Incidentally my OB's office is right across the street. And Thomas works for his sister. Told you.) While he really enjoys the hospital, and (most) the people who work there, he's been told they don't have any full-time positions opening soon - and if they did, there are two people ahead of him in seniority who would get first dibs. So he's on the lookout for a full-time gig. There was one interview that started out promising, but about 15 minutes into it, he decided it wasn't for him. He has one interview lined up for after the holidays, and one "Call us after the holidays" that seems rather promising. Thomas is really enjoying what he's doing though, which is the most important thing. He has tough days (and tough patients) but at the end of the day everyone loves him and his cheery attitude. Poor thing, because of all the scanning he's been doing lately, his right arm is killing him. I keep telling him to see a chiropractor (as does his boss!!) but he won't listen to me. "Gotta tough through it" manly-man stuff. To which I say bah humbug. Hopefully he'll start listening to me soon.
One of my favourites from this season!

Thomas has been SO WONDERFUL these past few months. He's become the 'house-hubby' cleaning, cooking, doing the laundry, grocery shopping, and doing various other errands that I can't seem to find the time to do. He and Flynn are buddies, and Flynn loves his daddy like no other. Every morning he wakes Thomas up by licking his face. This gesture is usually not received as lovingly as it is given, but after a scuffle they usually end up cuddling together. If you see Thomas anytime soon, give him a high five and a pat on the back for the awesome husband/ kitty daddy he is being. He deserves it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having quite the different experience with life. I 'celebrated' a year at Hobby Lobby on October 31st. I'm still quite full-time, and was convinced that my boss was trying to kill me by giving me 40 hour work-weeks after halloween. I didn't complain though, and stuck to it! I am woman, hear me roar!!! Alas, my body did not understand about the whole "no complaining" thing. I realize that being pregnant changes your body, and I even expected myself to have certain changes. The normal ones. The ones that everyone tells you about. You know, weird foods, great hair and nails, a cute little belly bump. Those sort of changes.

I'd like to make a note that these days,
I only look this cheerful in pictures.
 I did not expect to wake up one morning, and all of a sudden not be able to lift 15 pounds without extreme pain in my abdomin. Which is what happened. Unfortunately, this is not something I can just stop at work, where I'm constantly moving freight, lifting shelves (little shelves - like, barely 3lbs shelves!) and etc. Since of course it cannot be *my* fault at all, I've become very hateful of my job. As my husband has told me "I think you somewhat disliked your job before you were pregnant...... but now you despise it!"

Apparently I have what is called "round ligament pain". It's basically a pain from your uterus stretching; the intensity varies with each woman, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. I've had to call out of work once, and leave early twice because I was just in so much pain. My Doctor's advice? "Lie down as soon as you start feeling the pain."

Because that's so possible in the middle of your 9-hour shift. NOT. This was one of the many times I felt like sticking out my tongue at my poor Ob-GYN. He's just doing his job.

But back to my job. I can't stand it. Hence Thomas looking for a full time position. nce he finds something, my goal is to quit, and start being a homemaker. Or homemaker/part-time something or other, depending on finances. I'd like to have the energy to do normal things again, like cook, or clean, or even see friends! With working however, I only have a few precious cohearant hours a week in which to do something else...... and I try to use that time to convince my poor husband that I haven't turned into a total banshee!


Rachel was visiting for a week, which has been great! She's been so helpful, doing the dishes EVERY day (I'd forgotten how clean my kitchen can look!) playing with Flynn, picking up things that I drop because it's too painful to bend down.... she's the bees' knees! Flynn thinks so too, and he'll be very sad to see her go home this week. He loves having an extra playmate around. I came home from church today to find the two of them lying on the sofa. Apparently she wore him out so much he just flopped down on her tummy and fell asleep. It's amazing how cute he is while sleeping. Just like a kid!

We're all ready for the holidays, I think. Since we're only 2 days away from Christmas, I guess we'd better be, right? I'm excited for the new year, and all the changes it's going to bring. Usually I don't like changes, but I have a feeling that this year will bring some much-needed changes, exciting ones, and ones that will probably test us. But that's what life is all about right?



In the meantime, we send love from our little corner of the world. <3 

Comments

Popular Posts