Kicks and Wiggles

I've been feeling our little bean wiggling around in my tum for a while now...... a month perhaps? It was the weirdest feeling at first, sort of like one of those rumbles your stomach makes when you're REALLY hungry. At first I kept thinking I was hungry, not that I felt like it, but because it kept feeling like my tummy was rumbling. Eventually I got used to it (most of the time) and now I'm convinced that this little one is going to be very active, as I can feel all the wiggling, twirling, jumping going on in there. Especially when I'm very active at work, or bending and leaning over. In fact she moves around so much a work, sometimes I feel sick. I'm not sure I'll ever completely get used to the feeling, but it's nice to know she's in there at least. :)

Over the past 3 days, I've been feeling harder kicks and punches. Thomas has been very eager to feel the baby, ever since I started feeling her little flutters. He'll put his hand on my stomach, and try to press down to feel the baby. Of course he didn't feel anything, and each time he was a little sad. However, about 3 days ago, I was walking around at work, and felt like someone all of a sudden jabbed me in my tummy. It took me a minute, but I realized that it was a hard kick from the baby! She's been getting stronger these past few days, and yesterday when she was particularly active, I had Rachel come over and put her hand on my belly. Being my daughter, the baby immediately stopped, and refused to even wiggle, so long as Rachel's hand was there.

When Thomas came home later, after we got ready for bed I told him that I had been feeling the baby on the outside, and I put his hand on my tummy. Of course, she wouldn't do anything at that time either, so I rolled over onto my comfy pillow and read, while Thomas studied for his job interview. (He's interviewing for a full-time job, yay!)

About 5 minutes later, I rolled on my back, and I guess the baby didn't like that AT ALL, since she started kicking and punching. I grabbed Thomas' hand and held it to my tum. At first he was all "Not this again honey, I have to read......" And then our little girl gave a particularly sharp jab, and Thomas' eyes got really big, and all he could say was "Oh!" The baby responded to her daddy by kicking very hard a few more times.

If you know my husband, you know what a big softie he is. Once the baby calmed down, he went back to his studying, but not for long. As he put down the computer, I noticed his eyes were a bit red. I asked him if he was okay, and when he turned to look at me, he had a few tears in his eyes. It's really hitting him hard lately that this is going to happen. It's not some sort of joke, and I'm not making things up; he's really going to be a dad in a few short months.

As I've said before - we're so excited for this new chapter! At the same time, we're as scared as all heck. I've been having issues lately that make working my job very painful and difficult. (that's a separate post all in it's own!) My wonderful husband has speeded up his job searching so that hopefully soon he'll have a full-time position which would enable me to scale back dramatically at work, or be able to quit altogether. While it's stressing him out beyond belief, Thomas is doing an amazing job at being the head of our household, and taking care of me. I'm so happy to be able to share these little moments with him, and give him a glimpse of the daughter he's going to fall in love with.

Comments

  1. You're not making it up? what? ;) In all seriousness I am still getting over my initial flailing. "Ahh she's going to be a MOMMY," etc. <3
    PS. Little bean is such a cute nickname.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts