Tight Jeans

This is the last time I let my husband do my laundry.

It's really sweet of him, and yes, there have been attacks in the laundry rooms, but not in THIS apartment; those were in the one up the road. But he literally won't let me do the laundry. We were doing it at the bor-in-law, but bro-in-law's roomate got a bit huffy when I touched his laundry (he had it in the washing machine on OUR day, thank you very much. The day HE set for us) and told us he thought it was best for the machines if we didn't do our laundry there anymore. Right.

But anyway, I just squeezed myself into a pair of jeans that were NOT this tight the last time I wore them. Yes, I've gained a bit of weight in the past few months (they warn you about the freshman 15 - nobody warned me about the post-wedding 10) but I promise these jeans were not this tight on Monday. This is why we need a drying rack, so I can dry things like jeans, and sweaters, and bras, and other things that get destroyed in the laundry. I had bows come off some of my unmentionables. Because Thomas put them in the dryer. He remembered to keep the bras out, for which I am VERY thankful! According to these jeans, the dryers here are powerful, and I can only imagine what they'd do to my $45 bras. Yikes.

~

Oh yeah. Also. I got a job. For some reason I'm not too excited about it. Thomas is, and I'm glad that I'm finally contributing, and bringing in money, but I dunno. This job just isn't clicking. Even at CFA I felt a little better about what I was doing (even though I will kill myself before going to work in food-service again) than here, at Hobby Lobby. I'm just a cashier. Which means that 50% of the time I just stand there. It's not exactly a high traffic store. At CFA I was used to stocking, doing things in the kitchen, long lines and rushes. Here, we're just in charge of stocking candy, and straightening out the displays at the front. The night crew is a little better - at least they get to take stuff back to different departments, that's gathered up from over the day. Other than that however... I. Just. Sit. There.

Perhaps I should be grateful that I just sit there for $8.90 per hour. But somehow I think that I can be paid that, or more for services I'm actually good at, instead of, every quater of an hour, flubbing up my math. Because Hobby Lobby doesn't have scanners. Oh no - we have to punch in everything by hand, AND which department it's from. Ha. Tell that to someone who has worked there for a day and a half. Glue? 'Crafts' - unless it says fabric glue. Foam pieces - are those from 'crafts' or 'hobbys'? And then there are the pens - 'scrapbooking,' 'crafts', 'hobbies', 'front display' 'cards and parties' or 'home decor'?

It's a bit frustrating. So either I'm bored out of my mind, or I'm frustrated. Yeah - I'm still looking for a job that will be less of both. And possibly more money/better hours. One can always hope and pray, right?

Ok, dishes before I go to babysitting duty. Now there's a job that pays way more, and is MUCH more enjoyable. Just not as reliable. Oh sigh.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts