Panera Bread

So I'm sitting here in Panera, sipping a smoothie and eating the most delicious cinnamon scone in the entire world. Panera is awesome. especially at this time in the morning, when there aren't many people here, and I get a corner table with natural light all to myself. Thankfully it's not too cold out today, otherwise it'd be a very cold table with natural light - the insulation at the door isn't the best. I'm here because I asked Thomas to take me to the shopping plaza before he went to school, that way I wouldn't have to take the bus to work. I really don't like taking the bus.

I should take that back - I really don't like the idea of taking the bus. In all actuality, I've never really taken the bus, I've just griped and groaned about it, and Thomas hasn't pushed the fact, since there have been a few muggings on the buses/bus stops around here since we moved here. Sure, it means I'm around work a little early (just an hour and a half) but a) It means I get breakfast, which means I will actually eat before work for once, and b) it means I can go to target and get the liquidgel tylenol I've been meaning to buy forever. And I really need it at the moment. They're the only thing that stop my cramps before they get really bad. Thomas was lovely and shared his motrin last night, but they didn't kick in before things started getting really bad. So, in about 20 minutes, I will hike over to Target - which means that I'll get in a nice walk, since Panera and Target are on opposite sides of the shopping plaza.

Really, this is one of the best starts to the day that I could imagine. Thomas and I got to get ready for the day together. That was pretty awesome actually, because even though we got out of bed late, we were actually ready BEFORE we had to go! I think today is going to be a pretty good day, I really do.

Work is a little better. The closing manager last night (she's quickly becoming my favourite) had me doing stuff around the store. I saw WAY more ribbons than I needed to, and if anyone needs Christmas decorations, get to Hobby Lobby before Saturday night - it's all 50% off. Thomas and I are shopping either today or tomorrow.  The point is however, that I was not sitting mindlessly at the register, punching in numbers. One of the older workers was nice enough to give me a full tour of the store also, which was lovely of her, and will make ringing up at the register, and giving directions MUCH easier. I'm still looking for something with better hours/better pay, but perhaps this job wasn't as bad as I originally thought.

In case anyone was wondering, the cinnamon scones here taste about 70% better than they look.

And it's time for me to finish and go. It really is quite a jog to Target. I'll leave you with a picture... My mom and littlest sis are in California, and they're making me so jealous. If the cost of living ever goes down over there, I'm buying my grandparent's house, and moving. Thomas can come with me. ;)


Comments

  1. As long as your job doesn't involve the possibility of animal bites... nope, not too bad. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts