~no title~

I'm back at Panera, sitting here, trying to use up 15 minutes before I head off to work. I have been slightly disappointed this morning already, and I'm hoping to buck myself up before I leave.

See a few weeks ago, Thomas and I decided for Christmas, we were going to buy each other a new pair of pjs. And what better sort of pjs to buy than Disney! We went to the disney store, and found only a pair in his size. That was fine; a very nice salesperson gave us a free shipping coupon for the Disney site, and we thought I could get a pair the right size off of that. Well, I slacked, and didn't bother to go until this morning. (it also had a little something to do with the paycheck)

Did you know that Black Friday was this past weekend? And Cyber Monday is today? Which means lots of sales? If I were a size XL, I would be so happy for the 20% off all the pajamas on the website. As it is, I am not very happy, and slightly disgruntled that Thomas now has a pair of signature disney pajamas, and I do not. I realize this seems very selfish/materialistic/not thankful of me. And really,I need to count my blessings - we just got robes for each other from Target that were SERIOUSLY on sale, and we're using those for our Christmas presents now. Thomas and I are both working, and have rent, bills, and tithing covered, with a little left over. Which is totally awesome, and I should not be whining over a pair of Disney pajamas, while I'm sipping my Panera peppermint hot coco. Sometimes I think I need a serious reality check.

I set up our manger scene last night. Mom sent us home from Thanksgiving with a box full of my Christmas stuff. She also loaned me the nativity creche, since they're not going to be home for Christmas this year. And she gave me her baby Jesus. It was rather an emotional moment. I showed Thomas everything in the box, but he was dozing, so I went out and put it up by myself.  This year is so weird - I'm not home for the holidays. I mean, I've been gone for Christmas before - to Nana and Papa's, or Arin's. But I've never been away from home for the beginning of the holidays, for all the decorating. THAT'S Christmas to me. Setting everything up with holiday music playing. A Yankee Candle burning sweet holiday scents. Rebecca and Rachel arguing about where ornaments go, while I'm unpacking the nativity characters.

I startedto cry, thinking about all that. It's going to be weird this year, for sure.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry we weren't able to set up Christmas together! It's a weird year here, too. Nothing is up because I can't figure out what's safe to leave out with Dobby the Destroyer running around. Decorations will be at a minimum this year, I think.

    And that creche is yours to keep. Nana would want you to have it, anyway. I'll figure out something on my end by next December! [This may get me motivated to save up and buy that one we saw at Yankee Candle years ago]

    Love you, Punkin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts