It's Cold

Really, it is. Thomas's first text to me after he left this morning was "It's really COLD. I love you."

Of course, those two things have nothing to do with each other, but it's nice he feels they are both important enough to inform me about.

I'm wearing a sweater for the first time today, along with these kaki/jean/cord things that we bought at Kohls yesterday. Oh yeah - congratulate me, I have a job! It's really exciting, because now Thomas and I will have money regularly and consistently coming in, something that hasn't really happened since August. Yayy. It also means attempting to share a car with two people who have full schedules. Which most likely means that I will be braving the bus.

Yes. The Bus.

HOWEVER, it's ok, and I probably won't get mugged or whatever. I just need to remember that I spend 6 years toughening up in Connecticut, where everyone hates the stranger sitting next to them and has  a hand on the pepper spray at all times. And my job is at Hobby Lobby. You know what that means, don't you? Just like at Chick-fil-A, where I became adept at ordering 'interesting' meal combos with my 50% discount, I have a feeling that I will become much more crafty in these next few months. Or at least, our apartment will have more stuff in it. While Thomas was waiting for me to get out of my interview, he found 3 signs that he loved. Not to mention all the craft ideas that he came across. Plus to having a craft-loving husband - if I see something I'd like to make, he supports it 100%. Downside to having a craft-loving husband - we have had half a scarf in our bedroom for about a month now. I'll admit, I have half a hat, but it's in a bag. The scarf is just lying there on the floor, next to the yarn that we bought when we realized one skein was not enough. Thomas gets both excited easily, and bored easily. It's great when "We're having corn for dinner for the 4th time this week!" Not so great when "But honey, I can watch HOURS of The Office, and not think the storylines are the same!"

I made Pumpkin Bars today. Well, I've made the pumpkin bar part, and am waiting for my cream cheese to be able to make the frosting. My husband is awesome and is running all these errands so that I don't have to go out in the cold. SO sweet of him, and I get to stay in the warm weather, smelling the pumpkiny smell of late fall. I love anything pumpkin, and I've been craving it lately. The Amish market down the road makes a mean pumpkin whoopie pie, as well as a yummy, crunchy-on-the-outside, creamy-on-the-inside pumpkin filled doughnut. I'll admit, I'm much more into pumpkin as baked goods than pumpkin as an actual veggi. But think about it - with the pumpkin bars today I used a can of pumpkin, and (almost) a cup of applesauce (which I substituted for the oil. A whole cup of veg. oil? ick.) so like, it;s almost healthy.

Oh yay - my hubby is almost home. Signing off!

Comments

Popular Posts