I make me blush

I remembered what I was going to post about last time. You're going to laugh at me, you really are.

Victoria's Secret.

As in the lingerie store. I know, I know, and anyone who knows me will laugh at me. Even with being married, lingerie makes me blush, and it's embarrassing to go into those types of stores sometimes. I even blush being in the hosiery section of Target.

However, apparently my husband was getting tired of hearing me complain that I was running out of bras. It's really sad. For the past 2 years I've been buying all my bras at Target, because they made bras IN MY SIZE (36dd), and made bras that didn't make me feel like I was a grandma. Really - Sears, Belk, JCPenny; they all make bras in my size, but they make them with huge support straps, and strap 'em in so tight that I can't move my chest at all. Really, the girls need some breathing room, you know? However, Target just got a new designer or something stupid like that, because just as the old ones are all breaking down (I kid you not, I have pulled the wire out of 3 bras in the past 2 weeks) I bought a new Target bra, and it didn't fit!

Apparently Thomas was not only paying attention when we were folding laundry for the past month, but has been taking it to heart, because when we were at the mall last week, (getting his wedding ring re-sized, and my engagement ring polished - it looks so pretty!!) on our way out, he stopped in front of Vicky's Secret, and suggested that we go in. I wasn't too surprised, since he is a married man after all, but I was surprised when, instead of lingering at the lacy stuff, he headed straight to the 'practical' bras, started looking at them, and feeling them to see what the comfort level was. I was in shock (see blush, above) as I don't think I'd ever gotten that far back in a Victoria's Secret store before. And let me tell you, it was a BIG store. We didn't even go into the Pink part. I figured there was no point, seeing as how I can't squeeze myself into any of that anyway.

Thomas eventually picked out a few bras, with help from a saleslady, and told me we'd keep searching until I found at least two that fit well. Let me tell you, that boy has good taste. (or perhaps it was the saleslady. Honestly, I don't care) The last time I attempted to find something that fit in that store, I was disappointed. And I was frustrated when I tried on the first one - the only one that *I* had picked out. I will inform you, I am not doing that again. Because the three that Thomas had give me to try on fit like a dream! Sure they had bigger straps, but they were pretty, and didn't feel like army-issue. They were soft, and I even found a racerback - a RACERBACK - that fit me! Thomas handed me the debit card, and informed me not to tell him the price. As we walked out of the store with that pink-striped bag, Thomas took my hand, looked me in the eyes and said "Now I'd better not hear you complain about bras at least until after Christmas. Do I make myself clear?"

"Perfectly" I told him happily as I practically skipped to the car. I know I'm not buying ANY clothes until after January is over, but that's ok. I have pretty bras that fit. That should be enough to make any woman happy for quite some time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts