My funny Valentine's


Valentine's day is my favourite holiday. When I was a kid, my parents did a great job at making Valentine's day about the whole family, and that made it so that I've always loved the day. It didn't matter as a teenager if I didn't have a boyfriend - I had my girl-friends, and my sisters and my mom and dad!

Thomas' family didn't do anything for Valentine's Day, except when his Dad would take his Mom out for dinner. I've had a hard time bringing him around to the 'family' aspect of the holiday, but we all had a lovely time. 


On Valentine's day, Thomas surprised me by hacing Rachel come and watch the girls, and he took me out. Wednesdays are his night at the hospital, so it wasn't a super long date, but it was long enough to have sushi bowls and rolled ice cream and take a picture in front of a bubble wall.


We have a new poke bowl place in town and I LOVE it!!


Valentine's day, the girls and I went out to Trader Joe's, and I let them each pick out a mini bouquet, and this was the result. I hope to keep that as a tradition for us - I love the idea of everyone getting flowers!!

Thomas also surprised me with a spectacular bouquet of flowers. 


The girl's received a few valentine's from friends, one of which was this cute bow! Thursday we had our family Valentine's dinner, which is my very favourite tradition.


Thomas was pretty happy with his gift from me - See's milk chocolate assortment, all the way from California!!


Meggy also got a bow, and a small box of chocolates from Mommy.


At Meggy's request, we had salmon, asparagus and potatoes for dinner, and it was SO yummy!


Wren thoroughly enjoyed the brownies for dessert.


Wren is new to this tooth-brushing stuff, but she's getting the hang of it by observing Meggy very closely.


Our Valentine's day extended into a 3 day valentine's celebration! The day after our family dinner, as I came down from putting Wren down for a nap, I was told to close my eyes and go into the front room. (the person who told me that soon realized that going down the stairs and into the right room with my eyes closed might be difficult, so she very sweetly helped me)

When I got there, I found this adorable little tea set up! Meggy wanted to surprise me, so she had taken decorations from the kitchen table, as well as flatware, dishes and a 'tablecloth' and was so proud of herself!  We had already eaten breakfast, but we enjoyed a lovely mid morning tea together.


 I helped cut up the strawberries, but she arranged our plates just so.


I love the season of love! I always want my husband and sweet girls to know just how very much I love them and Valentine's day is a fun time to do some extra special traditions in the name of love.

Comments

Popular Posts