LAST SNOW (I hope)

As usually happens in winter in Virginia, I start thinking around Thanksgiving that I maybe should invest in a nice pair of boots. Something cozy and warm that won't slip in ice. However, Christmas is on the way, so I feel guilty about purchasing something like that for myself, and I don't do it. January comes around, and when we get the baby snows, I think about how nice it'd be to have some boots, but we make it though. If there's any need, Thomas is usually the one to go out and brush off the cars before he leaves for work, and there's rarely any need to shovel. Same story in February. We've been lucky for the past 4ish years, and anytime there's a big snow, Thomas is around to shovel, and take Meggy out to play in it.

By the time I get to march, I think "I've made it this far without any Winter boots! I'm fine, and I'll just wait until next year."


So far this has been the case, and I usually tough it through. I have one pair of boots that I can wear with thick socks for out and about, or a particularly cold day at church, but I normally get by with my tennies.

Well old Man Winter laughed in my face last Wednesday. We got a dumping. Not many people were prepared for it, so Thomas went to work as normal, slipping and sliding and narrowly missing a guard rail on his way in. I couldn't believe HOW much snow we got!




Meggy was absolutely delighted. She has been praying for snow like this, and was so excited to go play! Since the fun parent wasn't home, I got Meggy and myself suited up during Wren's nap, and I took her out to play.



Can I just say that I should win Mom of the year for that one? I hate the snow. Like, really really hate it. I spent the entire time outside saying how much I hate the snow. When I came back in to warm up, and headed back out with a shovel, I was saying how very much I HATE the snow. And I really didn't like my boots. They were good at keeping my feet warm (ish) but they have no traction, and I felt like I was ice skating the entire time I was outside.



Meggy stayed out for almost 2 hours. The neighbor kids came out to play, and they let her play with them. One of them also helped me finish shoveling the driveway, which I appreciated. By the time  I dragged her inside, Meggy's hair, pants and gloves were soaked, and her eyes were shining. She had the most fun, and that almost made it worth the snow for me.



Almost,

I really hate snow. Also, I plan on keeping my eye on good sales for winter boots come Septemember of this year.

Hot Chocolate and cookies for Meggy and Wren, so Wrenny didn't feel too left out.

Comments

Popular Posts