2013 in Review

So, I hardly EVER do surveys like this anymore, but I thought it might be fun. I know I always enjoy reading things my mom and dad have recorded about their lives when they were my age. I thought that since Meggy is now here, it would be good to be more diligent about recording my life.... At least on a yearly basis. :) 

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Oh-so many things!

Kept a full-time job for over a year
Visited Disney World with my husband/ took a vacation longer than three days with my sweetheart!
Moved to Virginia
Gave birth
Bought a house
Kept to a budget
Parented

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, it's always seemed a silly practice to me. I believe that a person should make goals because you want to impact your life, not just because we changed the number on the calander.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Well, I did, and then my best friend did 4 1/2 months later!

4. Did anyone close to you die?     
Nope

5. What countries did you visit?
  Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, Italy, Morocco, France, England and Canada. And to think, it was only the price of a plane ticket to Florida!
 
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Confidence, and the drive to do service for others. 

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?   
 
April 23rd - Meggy's birthday!!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth, and committing to staying at home full-time. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
I know there were lots of little failures, but nothing big enough that it's coming to mind now. Maybe wasting food? Or not cleaning as much as I should have?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was pregnant, which was kind of the same thing. Not an experience I look forward to having again.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Baby clothes, TARDIS earrings as a gift, and cheese.

12. Where did most of your money go?
To food, hospital bills, and buying a house. Not in that order. 
 
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney, Thomas getting his first full-time job in his field, moving, the baby, and eating carbs after I had Meggy.

14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"We Are Young" by Fun. Also "Roar" by Katy Perry. 

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Singing, praying and saying kind things about my husband when he can hear it.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Freaking out over inconsequential things, staring at my iPad, changing poopy diapers.

17. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it handing out cough drops to Thomas and keeping the baby from eating wrapping paper. 

18. 2013 word of the year:  
Oof, i dont like these word things. I guess if I had to pick one word, it would be "Breath." I can't even begin to fathom how many times I told myself to calm down and just breath

19. What was your favorite TV program?
This is hard. Thomas and I watched all 9 seasons of The Office, and all 10 of Friends. I got hooked on Doctor Who and Call the Midwife. As far as cable goes, Modern Family is at the top of my list, along with The Middle, and Parenthood.
 
20. What was the best book you read?
Rachel had me read the Divergent series, as well as the Matched series. French Kids Eat Everything was a good one, but I'm still hooked on the Hunger Games series. I must have read all three at least twice, if not three times. 

21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lullabies! They're awesome.

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22. And listened to the Taylor Swift song a lot, and laughed at how it didn't apply to my life in any way whatsoever. I think I took a nap with Meggy. Thomas got me an ice cream cake that I had to eat all on my own. 

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have moved into our house BEFORE THE BABY WAS BORN. And not spent the last month of my pregnancy (and first month postpartum) on an air mattress on the floor.

24. What kept you sane?
My amazing, wonderful, sweet, thoughtful husband. 

And ice cream.

25. What political issue stirred you the most?
Stubbs the Cat, mayor of Talkeetna Alaska got shot by teenagers with a BB gun, back in October. If we can't even keep our feline mayors safe, what hope is left for this world? 

26. What was the best movie you saw?
It's a two way tie between Saving Mr. Banks and Catching Fire.

28. Who was the best new person you met?
My baby girl!

29. A valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
No matter what you do, some people are just going to bother you in life.  The best thing to do is to ignore those people, and remind yourself that hindsight is 20/20, and do the best with what you've got.

30. Areas of growth/
Areas of struggle:  
Wow, theses are pretty much the same category for me! 
Parenting
Being a good wife
Being a good daughter/daughter-in-law
Socializing

31. Pet Peeves: 
Arrogance

32. What bible studies did you do/participate in?
Nothing formal, but Thomas and I did attempt to get better about scripture reading together, and doing regular Family Home Evenimgs. 

33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Nope, I can't ever think of song lyrics like that. Don't like these type of questions, sorry!

There ya have it folks! Thanks for sticking around with us, and here's to a really great year ahead!!

Comments

Popular Posts