Nine months


Someone told me recently that nine months is when you realize that the little bundle of joy you brought home from the hospital, is no longer a little baby. She's still a baby, but now is when that streak of independence that marks a toddler, starts to show.



I didn't think that the jump from 8 months to 9 months would be that big, but Meggy's personality has changed quite a bit in these last four weeks! She really has grown up, and it shows. 



One of the biggest changes is that Meggy now cuddles! Sort of. Ever since she was teeny-tiny, Meggy hasn't liked to be physically close to someone. No suggles or cuddling, thank you. However, lately she will come up to Thomas and me, and rest her head on our shoulder/chest/arm/whatever is close. She only stays for a few seconds, but we love how sweet those seconds are! I'm really not sure what caused this change in attitude, but I'll certainly take it!!

Listening to her favourite song, while resting on my feet. 

Margaret's crawling is stellar, as is her ability to figure out when I'm distracted, so she can take off and do things she's not allowed to do. Such as play with the cat's food and water, or pull the blu-Ray player off the shelf, or tear some books. We've been attempting to babyproof, but every time we think we've got it, she discovers something else. And let me tell you - this kid is FAST! When she knows what she wants, she will go for it, and nothing gets in her way! It's really cute when she wants to get to Thomas or myself, and we are across the room. She'll see us, get a big smile on her face, and make an excited panting sound as she books her way across the room to us. It's one of the things that makes me so happy to be her mommy.




We're trying to get Meggy to eat more "real" food. The two biggest inhibitors are the fact that she doesn't have any teeth, and she refuses to be spoon-fed by me! She's a trooper with gumming/chewing, but Thomas gets nervous giving her certain foods. Also, apparently it's normal for a baby to not want to take food from her breastfeeding mom, but it's a bit annoying that she will only be fed by Thomas. I give her finger foods during the day, but she's more interested in dropping the bits of food, than she is in eating them, if she's in her high chair. She does love this little mesh feeder we got for her, and will gladly eat avocado, banana, and apples with it.



Meggy's hair is growing beautifully, both the longer top half, and the shorter bottom half. I will admit, even though it would have been fine if she stayed bald for the first year, I do love her beautiful, shiny, blond hair. She HATES it when I put it up, so it's usually as it is on the majority of these pictures, down and in her eyes. It's so curly that she always looks as though she had bed head, haha. We always get compliments when she has piggy tails in her hair, and more than one person has told me she looks like Pebbles from The Flintstones, when I put just one ponytail in her hair. That style is much easier than the two, and it's usually the only one I can manage without Thomas helping me. Her cradle cap is almost all gone, thanks to an olive oil based soap from Lush. I love using it on Meggy's hair and body, but only do so every couple of baths, since we don't have a Lush anywhere near us anymore :( 



The rest of this month has been made up of little things. Meggy loves watching the toddlers at church, and trying to keep up with them. She fits into 12month clothing. (It practically gave me a heart attack to shop in the TODDLER section of Target!!)  We've found a tv show made by the Fred Rodges company, that she actually watches for 20 minutes. They sing practically every other line, which is why she watches it. Of course this means I pick and choose when I let her watch it, since I don't want her getting tired of it! 



This morning I caught her trying to clap her hands. It was the cutest thing, and I made sure to clap along with her. 

An adventurous little girl. 

We're still working on the whole sleeping thing. We have mastered getting her to go to sleep - singing to her! It's the quickest thing to relax the girl, and now we are getting her to go to sleep in less than 10 minutes. That's quite the record, considering it used to take us between 30-50 minutes when we just let her cry. Now the challenge is KEEPING her asleep. :) 


 
We've been trying to work on words with Meggy Mouse, but she just isn't interested. Last week she was saying "mamamamama" a lot. I'm not sure whether she said it because she thought it meant me, food, or just because it was fun to say. I'm guessing it was just for fun, because this week her favourite sound is "bletha, bletha, bletha", and I haven't heard "Mama" in a few days. 


I think those are the highlights. Oh! No. We have been working on the word No with Meggy. And by working on, I mean, Thomas tells Meggy "No" she turns around and gives him a big smile, and I collapse in giggles. Stellar parenting, right?


NOW, we've gotten all the highlights. Aunty Rachel is coming to visit this weekend, and we're way excited to have her. Meggy loves playmates of all ages. :D 

Comments

Popular Posts