Love letter


As I'm sitting here in the quiet, reading (although not for long, since the second half of the game just started apparently. We have loud neighbors) I've been contemplating our relationship lately. It's so weird to think we've been married almost a year and a half! Some days it seems as though it was only yesterday, and some days it feels like I've always been with you! I love how comfortable we are with each other, how we know each others rhythms, and our ups and downs. I also love it when you surprise me with something I don't know, because it reminds me how MUCH there is to you!

Last night at dinner, when I told you to enjoy the moment? I was getting sort of sad that this chapter of our lives is quickly coming to an end. I LOVE having you all to myself, for you to spoil me, for our evenings to just be 'us' without having to worry about anyone else. Maybe it's selfish, but I know I am going to miss some things so much when this baby comes! No more spontaneous dates, no more staying out until midnight 'just because we can' (not that we've done a whole lot of that, lol).

On the other hand, I am SO excited to be doing this with you. Honey, we're having a BABY! A little part of you and me all rolled up in one little cute bundle! There isn't anyone in the whole world who I would rather be doing this with than you. You have shown me, ever since I've known you, what it is to be a strong, Godly man. You have been such a tender, loving, kind, gracious and fun husband, and I think you're going to be even better (if that's possible!) as a father. This little one has no idea how lucky she's going to be with you as her daddy! Not only is she going to be spoiled rotten, but she's going to be wrapped up in love by a man who will guide her, show her right from wrong, laugh with her, cry with her, and let her play dress up with him when Mom's not home.

Thank you for all that you do. You have sacrificed so much for our family, and I have watched you put aside your needs for what you feel is most important for us. I'm still not very good at doing that, but I'm so proud to have such an amazing example to follow. Thank you my wonderful love, for just being you. You are my best friend, my most trusted companion, and my eternal love.
I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts