We've got a new baby in the house!

And because of that baby, I haven't been able to get anything done, especially blogging.

I'm currently working on Catherine's birth story (actually, I have about four blog posts in the works) but for now, I'm just going to give the highlights of the past month and a half:


Catherine!

This is the only family picture we had taken at the hospital. Meggy insisted that Ana, Elsa and Twinkle Bear be included.


I've basically been waiting my entire mommy-hood to do a photoshoot as cute as this one. I mean. Look at those sweet little girls!!

Thomas had a week off of work after Wren was born, and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, once he went back to work he's been having to work a lot of overtime, due to some people in his department quitting, and also Thomas is starting a new position. So there's been a lot of time with just me and the girls. It's taken a while to get into a good groove, but I think (*think*) we're starting to find our way.


Of course, amidst all this new baby stuff, we've had Christmas! I didn't have a lot of energy to do much this year (thus completing my year of low-key holidays) but Thomas did his very best to make it wonderful for Meggy and me. He strung lights on the front of our house, found and set up a tree, baked cookies for the neighbors, as well as keeping up the Christmas spirit in our house. He's so wonderful, and I'm just so grateful for everything he's done since Wren was born, despite having extra stresses at work.




Also, Thomas is loving being a daddy to TWO little girls. He's always ready to play with Meggy or cuddle with Wren. He gets more smiles out of both girls in 5 minutes than I do in 5 hours with them. Those girls love their Daddy!

Thomas did most of the Christmas-y stuff, but I managed to get a few things in. Mom was nice enough to drop off some cookie dough she had made, so Meggy and I could decorate cookies for Santa. Here's a video I took - Meggy insisted on doing everything herself. She's a big sister now, (as she is constantly reminding me) which seems to mean that she can do SO MANY THINGS by herself.

Cookies for Santa 

Okay, I'm off to work on some more blog posts. Hopefully they'll pop up here in the next few days, assuming Wren stops nursing long enough to let me write.




Comments

  1. You are one ambitious mama - but a great way to keep everyone happy with photos and doings of your family. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts