2018 in Review

*I'm publishing this as-is, at the end of 2019, as comparison to where I was last year to this year.
Christmas time in NYC!

1. What did you do in 2018 that you had never done before?
I went on a girl's trip to NYC! I hadn't been to the city since I was 14, and I've never done a trip with a group of women my age. So. Fun.

2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I had to back and check! I didn't make any, so I guess I didn't not keep them, right?

I really don't like the word resolution. I think "setting resolutions" at the beginning of each year kind of sets you up to fail. One tradition that I've been really interested in was picking a word that you want to focus on in the upcoming year. I'm having a really hard time picking one out... a few of my favorites have been courage, brave, and peace.

Maybe I don't have to focus on just one?


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No! This year was the first baby-free one in a while!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Also nobody close to me died this year, which is also the first in a few years.

5. What states/countries did you visit?
California, North Carolina, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida (Thomas and I went to Fort Lauderdale for the first time) and the Bahamas!

6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you didn't have in 2018?

7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory and why?

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

9. What was your biggest failure?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Poor Wren doesn't have a great immune system. We didn't have any big illnesses last year (No stomach flu thank goodness!) but lots of colds and small fevers were passed around in the winter months. And one or two in the Summer months.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Moments - mini-golfing with the girls, feeding a dolphin, watching a Broadway show. Also, essential oils and my new phone.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Food, Food, CLOTHES (both girls grew two sizes this year) and vacations?

Oh. And we bought a car.

13. What did you get really, really excited about?
Our vacations. The family trip to OBX was a little bit of a bust, as we had a hurricane made us evacuate our vacation 2 and a half days early. The Bahamas was wonderful, if a bit rough because I was sick the whole time. NYC was exhausting, but super fun!

14. What song will remind you of 2018?
Anything from the Waitress soundtrack.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dance parties with the girls!

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Self-doubt, and shopping 'therapy'.

17. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas was at our house this year. Rachel stayed over, then Mom and Dad joined us for lunch, and we all watched The Santa Clause together.

18. 2018 Word of the year?
Boundaries.

19. What was your favourite TV program?
The Good Place was a good one this year. Not as good as The Office or Parks and Rec, but it's pretty funny.

20. What was the best book you read?
The Problem with Forever was really good. Also The Girl with Seven Names was fascinating.

21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I often have one artist or album that I listen to for a long period of time each year. This year that artist was Sara Bareilles, and the album in particular was the OBC of Waitress. Those songs have really resonated with me this year, especially the second part of the year. It came full circle when I got to see Waitress on Broadway!

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember doing a whole lot... Thomas was a sweetheart and surprised me with a Princess cake, which was devoured by all of us. 

23. What one thing could have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less drama.

24. What kept you sane?
Not much.

25. What political issue stirred you the most?
The worst part is watching the arguments between people who are so divided in our country.  Everyone says it's a shame, but I just see each side grow more and more bitter towards the other. Nobody seems to be doing anything to really encourage discourse between the two sides, and then you have people in the middle like me, and I think we just feel too helpless to do anything constructive.   

26. What was the best movie you saw.
Christopher Robin. So sweet!

27. Who was the best new person you met?
I made a few new friends, but nobody who I'm super close to. 

28. A valuable life lesson you leaned in 2018?
Boundaries are important in all areas of life. If someone throws a fit because you set a boundary, it's just more evidence that the boundary is needed. (I got that from @heytiffanyroe on Insta)

29. Areas of growth/ areas of struggle?
This is my least favourite part of the questionnaire every year. 

30. Pet Peeves?
Do I have them? Yes. This year in particular?

Ohhhh that list is way too long. 


Disneyland with Mom and Wren in February.

My baby sister graduated!



Sister's trip to VA Beach... where I did not take any pictures with my sisters.

OBX with this sweetheart.


Gettin' some sun with my hun!

The Bahama's were beautiful... I'm ready to go back!


It seems as though most of my favourite pictures of myself this year are at the beach, haha! It really is my happy place... here's to more warm/beach/swimsuit pictures this year!!

Comments

Popular Posts