No more Pull-ups!


See this beautiful three (almost four) year old right there? Well, she's gone almost two weeks just wearing big girl undies during the day, and it has made both me and her daddy very, very happy.


Being such a big girl all the time can be somewhat exhausting.


This was the site of our first public accident. She was having too much fun at church, but we bustled to the bathrooms quickly. I actually had extra undies, a pull up AND extra pants that just happened to match her dress. We had everything fixed in less than 10 minutes, and honestly I was pretty proud of myself.


To be quite honest, I've been dreading this moment a little bit. I don't like body fluids, and am already dealing with quite a lot of them with the baby. But Meggy has been very grown up about the whole thing, down to changing herself fairly well when I'm indisposed, nursing Wren.


Aren't they the cutest?! Meggy takes her role of big sister so seriously, and goes above an beyond what I think of as big sister duties. Did you know that big sister get napkins for everyone at dinnertime? And they can (sometimes) buckle themselves into their car seat? Every once in a while, they'll even give their Mommy a foot rub! I really like that big sister duty.


We take a lot more bathroom selfies, now that we're going into a lot more bathrooms. It really works that I was pregnant before this, because I scouted out all the bathrooms in the public places we often frequented. Now when Meggy remember she has to go, I can make a beeline for the closest potty!


I love these girls - the little one, and the not-as little one. I'm so happy to be celebrating milestones that show how much they've grown, but also loving the fact that I still have little girls who need their Mama.


Comments

Popular Posts