September #2


September came with a lot of cute pictures of Meggy, which I tried to take to keep my spirits up in between doctors visits, shopping trips and frustrating times for me. As I said, my health during this pregnancy hasn't been the best. (Don't worry, baby girl is fine. She's a happy little camper in there.) I took the normal 3rd trimester blood tests around week 28, and found out that not only am I anemic, but I have a slight blood sugar high (gestational diabetes). I've been on iron supplements for a month now, and I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel. On days when I forget to take my supplement I feel so much more tired, and sluggish, as opposed to when I have enough iron. This helps explain the past few months of feeling exhausted all the time!
As for the gestational diabetes - it's really not that big a deal, except that I had to go to three different doctors to get a real diagnosis, and now I have to thoroughly plan my meals and snacks. I'm also testing my blood 10 times a day, which is lots of fun. Meggy always wants to watch when I do it - the kid has a fascination with blood, just like her Daddy.


The second half of September was filled (between doctor visits) with fall things like picking pumpkins, and Dad's birthday! Meggy was very excited to help us pick out pumpkins to decorate our porch, and she picked some good ones!

Daddy celebrated his 50th birthday last month, and had a very fun birthday party. Meggy loved helping Saba open his presents, but was disappointed to find out that 50 year olds don't get as many wrapped in fun paper as 3 year olds do.


Being home-owners is such fun sometimes. The faucet in Meggy's bathroom decided to break one day, and neither Thomas nor I know how to fix it. We've actually got a running list for a plummer to look at, but in the meantime, Meggy has certainly enjoyed using Mommy and Daddy's bathtub for her baths. This little boat is her favourite bath toy. She gets to play with it until the dreaded Washing of the Hair happens. That's not pretty, but luckily for me, Thomas is usually the parent who gets that chore.


 The weather FINALLY cooled down enough for us to start having park days again! Now that we have a yard, we usually just play outside of our house, but there's this great park between me and my doctor. I'll stop there for Meggy to play when I've got an early appointment. She's such a brave girl - she'll climb on top of almost anything, and loooves to be pushed high in the swings. No slides for her though, for some reason those are the one thing she's scared of.


Sometimes Meggy likes to play on the back porch while I'm making dinner. The cats are very jealous of her when she does this. Poor Knightly just wants to GO outside! Darcy doesn't care as much about going outside - he loves to chase the bugs through the glass door though. Sometimes at night he'll jump halfway up, trying to catch a moth. Darcy is our little hunter, and I can alwasy count on him getting any stray spiders, or other big bugs that have made their way inside.


Because sometimes you forget your juice at home. And sometimes Mommy is mean, and won't turn around and get the juice, because we're already 10 minutes late.


Okay. This picture makes me SO INCREDIBLY proud, for two reasons.

Reason #1: This was the day Thomas passed his OB-Gyn ultrasound registry. He has been working so hard all summer studying for it, and we hardly saw him at all for over a month, because he was at the library 3-4 nights a week. However, he PASSED and now we get to see him so much, we don't know what to do!

Reason #2: Meggy took this picture. This is her third and best attempt at photography with the camera on my phone. The first two attempts ended up just being feet and grass, so the fact that she managed to get both of us in the frame is pretty major!


The last Sunday in September, the temps didn't get above 70, so Meggy and I got to wear long sleeves to church!


Have I mentioned this kid got the silly gene from her Daddy? While waiting in a long line at the store, I tried to entertain Meggy by taking pictures of her. Well, I'm pretty sure she entertained everyone behind us, because these were the kinds of photos I got.


So attractive.


Flying like Superman while watching Superman!


Rainy days. Not something I normally enjoy, but after this summer I was so happy to have a change in the weather. Meggy was happy to have a chance to show off her umbrella to my Chiropractor.


Having a girl is so much fun. We pulled out our boots for the rain, and discovered that the boots we bought for Meggy last year still fit! You can bet we'll be matching as much as possible before she grows out of these ones!


Whew! There's September for you! We've already got some good stuff from October, so stay tuned!


Comments

Popular Posts