Mom and daughter trip to Disney World!

If you've been following along with this sad little neglected blog, you might have come to the realization that Disney plays a big part in our lives. Thomas and I took Meggy to Disney World last year, Disney movies are always playing in our house, and about 75% of Meggy's toys are Disney related. We won't get into how many of *my* toys are Disney related. Let's just say that I can actually put stuffed animals on my own bed again, because Meggy can finally tell the difference between her toys and my toys.

I come by this obsession honestly - through my Mom. She's just as obsessed (probably more) as I am. We've been trying to do some sort of mother daughter trip for a few years now, but something has always come up, between jobs, babies and moving. When we all went to Disney last fall, Thomas suggested she and I come back in the spring. We both thought that was a brilliant idea. Thanks Honey for such great ideas!


We drove from VA to FL, which meant that we got to stop by the beach on the way down! It was beautiful and reminded both of us how much we would love to live near the beach.


The best part of the beach (other than collecting seashells for Meggy) was watching a beagle puppy thoroughly enjoying life in the sand and water. I love beagles,


One of the reasons Mom and I chose to visit DisneyWorld at this time was because the flower and garden festival was going on! Which meant that Epcot (Our shared favourite park) was filled to the brim with beautiful flowers and exotic greenery - and food. Lots and lots of yummy food. We started our week in France for breakfast. Which, as I always say, is the best place in the world to have breakfast.


One of my favourite, and cutest, topiary of the trip, Winnie the Pooh!


Just look at those lush and gorgeous flowers! Unfortunately my camera phone just wasn't up to taking pictures to do justice to these beautiful displays, but believe me that it was gorgeous.


Last fall, we all had breakfast in Boma and agreed it was most delicious. Mom and I decided to go back for dinner this trip, and it did not disappoint! We were the first family in the restaurant, and got family of the day, how about that?! The African food was quite yummy, very savory with lots of unepected flavors. My favourite was the way cinnamon was used in many dishes.


I didn't get a picture, but Mom's goal was to get a hug from Chewbacca in the Launch Bay. She also almost traded me to a Jawa, but I managed to get out of that one just in time.


Bright and early, Stitch in the Magic Kingdom!


Dinner at 1900 Park Faire, where the culinary specialty is Strawberry Soup, and Prince Charming comes around to talk to you. Both were perfection.


Anastasia was delighted to find another redhead at dinner, She also recommended the strawberry soup.


Drizella informed us that the party that night was entirely for her "But we pretend it's Cinderella's party, so the Prince will pay for it."


Prior to our trip, Mom and I decided we were going to make it a birthday celebration! Mom's birthday is actually in April, and I just told everyone mine was too, haha. For our birthday/Mother's day present, Thomas treated us to tea at the Grand Floridian hotel. It was gorgeous - the whole setting, and the tea. We each got to choose what flavor of tea we wanted (I got vanilla rooibos), and then we each got a selection of sandwiches, jams with biscuits, and a special dessert. While we were there, we saw a wedding party come in! It was so lovely, and I hope to be able to do tea there again.


Because it was our 'birthday' we received these beautiful roses at the end of tea. We weren't able to find out what kind they were, only that they were "Freshly cut from Aurora's Garden" and they smelled WONDERFUL.


Exploring Animal Kingdom, where both Mom and I purchased new headgear. Hers was much more sensible of the sun... but mine was more sparkily.


Back to Epcot! Mom was very excited for this spiked chai - so much so that she talked about it non-stop for three days until we finally got over to Epcot to get it. She chose the iced option, and pronounced it delicious.


Over at the Florida Fresh food stall (everything there was locally grown in-state!) I got a refreshing watermelon-cucumber slush. The non-alcholic version, as someone had to drive home that night! ;-)


While in Epcot that afternoon, we ran into these two princesses! Rachel and Celina were taking their graduation trip at time we were there, and we managed to run into them a few times.


No trip is complete without a dole whip float! Pascal seemed to want a sip as well, but Mom only shared a few bites.


Two of my favourites, Sadness and Joy. Inside Out is Meggy's favourite movie right now, and she loved getting this picture of me when I came home.


Some pear cider and a cheese biscuit with smoked salmon in Great Briton. This was also the day we got to take a tour of tea plants from Twinings tea! It was quite informative - did you know that, while Earl Grey is a popular tea, only Lady Grey had her tea patented? That means that while many different tea companies make Earl Grey, only Twinings can make Lady Grey tea.


 Eating some of the most delicious lasagna I have ever had in Italy. They don't joke around with their pasta there.


At the end of the week, we picked up Rachel and headed to Beaches and Cream for one last meal. The tomato soup was the first I've ever had that I almost liked, and their Milky Way Sundae was to die for. I almost did afterwards from the sugar coma.


On our way home! Rachel is hiding behind her kindle in the back seat, Mom is yelling at some drivers in South Carolina, and I'm documenting it all. Typical road trip with our family.

Comments

Popular Posts