Meggy in the Springtime

Happy spring everybody... a couple months late. Between moving, and trips and everything we've been busy and on the move these past few weeks! Meggy has been especially happy in her new house, and is enjoying exploring all the new rooms we have. So much so that it's been a chore to get her OUT of the house. That's been great during all the rain we've been having (so much rain) but not so great when I want to get to the grocery store. 


For a week, Meggy was totally attached to her "packpack". It went everywhere with us. Usually it was empty, but it still had to go with us.


I did get Meggy to go to Trader Joes when I told her we were getting flowers for Beema's birthday. She was extremely excited to pick out things for someone's birthday, although I'm not completely sure she didn't realize it wasn't her birthday.


With all the new space and stairs, Meggy has been wearing herself out. I've been finding her asleep in the funniest places - our bed, her closet, the playroom downstairs. Or just the middle of her own bedroom.


May 1st, our azalea bushes were in full bloom. I honestly can't stand that color pink, but it worked nicely for Meggy's background. However, Thomas and I are in negotiations as to what else can put in this spot.


We've had a LOT of rain lately. It's been ridiculous. However it means that Meggy is able to participate in her favourite pastime, splashing in puddles.


Something else Meggy has been enjoying lately is being a big helper. "Mama, I SUCH a big helper! I help all peoples, and boys and girls and kitties like Knightly and Darcy." She insisted on carrying this bag from check-out, all the way to the car.


During one of the few days that we had sun for a quarter of a day, Meggy and I got out the bubbles. It's one of her favourite things to do on the back porch, and we try to use the bubble machine every chance we get.


 Visiting Thomas at work is one of our favourite things! Now that we're not as close to his work, we don't get to see him as often, but Meggy still asks almost every day.


Love this little lady of mine. Even when we both have crazy bed-head, she's my girl. And I, as she tells me almost every day "are my best BEST 'wend Mama!"


Comments

Popular Posts