Friends and Fun

We haven't had a lot going on this month (and I'm TOTALLY okay with that) but last month we did a lot of visiting with friends! After I came back from Colorado, Meggy and I went to stay with the Davis's for a few days. Meggy wasn't so sure about that, and was clingy to me the whole time. I know she thought I was going to abandon her agin, but on the last day we were there, she was back to her cheery, conniving self.


Meggy LOVEs Iliana's new (to her) horse! They had many fights over it.


The cutest little princesses ever, picking flowers for me while Ily's parents went to find out the gender of Iliana's little... sister!


Holding hands. Be still my heart!!!



Meggy wasn't big on the swimming, but she loved "panning" the pool. And the dog, Ebi.


"Panning" in the dirt.


Iliana would bring water over from the pool, and Meggy would mix it up nicely, so as to create a good, thick mud paint. I love watching these two use their imaginatons together!


On our way back home, we ran into a HUGE summer rainstorm. So of course, I pulled into a gas station, and Meggy and I broke into the Krispy Kreme donuts we were bringing back for Thomas. Don't worry... I think we managed to save two for him.


Next, Arin and Nigel came for a visit! For some reason, I can't find my photos from that time, so I'll just leave you with this video, and see if I can find the other pictures later. Meggy and Ni played very well togehter - for two toddlera who only ever met once before, they were very well behaved. Meggy isn't great with sharing her toys, and Nigel doesn't know the meaning of personal space, but we all had a LOT of fun together!


Can you believe we have been friends 18 years?! Gahh, we're so oooooold! Also, please excuse my messy apartment. I'd make an excuse about how we had two extra people for 5 days, but lets face it. It always looks that way.


Next up - a trip back to the Davis's, with Thomas this time! Thomas and Brent both took a three day weekend, and we all had a blast. First on the schedule was the new arcade/bowling alley/movie theater in Blacksburg. It was really nice - not too big, and perfect for a Friday morning. You couldn't catch me there on a weekend though.


Showing Meggy how it's done.


Any game that involved throwing balls, Meggy was there. Even when it meant me standing behind her and catching all the ones that didn't make it over the net.


This made me laugh SO hard. Meggy loves pandas, and saw that this game involved a panda bear. Obviously she didn't really understand it, and kept pounding away at her little light. I had to stop filming because I was laughing too much!



I promise that's not beer - it's actually blueberry lemonade in a recycled bottle! It was DElish, and Megs drank over half of it. Saturday morning we went back to Blacksburg to the farmer's market. It is always a treat to see what the vendors have! There wasn't a whole lot this day (it was drizzling the entire morning) but we still got some yummy treats and produce.


Peach ice cream with FRESH chunks of peaches. So. Good.


And here we are with Oscar. Oscar belongs to Brent's parents, the older Davis's. Meggy is under the impression that when Brent and Leti are babysitting this 16 year old dog, he belongs to her, and she is a valient watch girl. She makes sure he's getting food, and toys and water, and even shoves Ebi the newfoundland out of the way so Oscar can waddle to his crate to sleep. It's very sweet to watch.


What happens when you tell Mommy that you want to look back and look at the clouds... and then the sun comes out from behind those clouds.


Sunday afternoon we took a walk on one of the nature trails in Radford. This is really such a beautiful town, and sometimes I really miss it. Walking this trail is one of those times.


One tired little girl.

She was totally zonked out - we managed to get her from the stroller into the car and drive for two and a half hours before she woke up. This little girl plays hard!

There you have our fun filled June! We miss all our long-distance friends, and can't wait to see them again soon!


Comments

Popular Posts