A Day at the Park with Meggy

This week Meggy and I went to my parents house to visit for the day. It is SO nice to be able to do that now! We are able to visit grandparents at least once a week (and Thomas and I have free babysitters, which is BEYOND awesome) and we can't forget Aunty Rachel. I honestly don't know who enjoys our time with Rachel more - her or Meggy!

Tuesday the weather was in the 70's (oh how I love you Virginia!) and so Rachel and I took Meggy to the park down from Mom and dad's house. We all had a total blast. And these pictures are proof. 


Walking on our way there. My goal was to wear Meggy out, but as several people can attest that is a fairly unattainable goal. 


Aunty Rachel - or Rachel slave as we call her 'round these parts - had to go everywhere with Megs.


Meggy wasn't too thrilled with this slide. She prefers the ones that make her mommy gasp when she realizes how high up her baby has climbed. 


"No, I refuse to stay still!"


"Ooh, what's that?!"


I think this had musical chimes at one point in time, but Meggy was tickled to be able to poke her head out and wave at me though the 'window'. 

After going up and down the jungle gym, we headed over to the swings. Not being one for conventional things, Meggy decided to invent a game called 'mommy is my seesaw'.


I got a good workout.


Rachel ever so kindly took over the camera so I could go and play with Meggy. We climbed up and down this structure, and Meggy was squealing in happiness the whole time. 


Taking a (very short) break. 


Down again!


"I'm taller than Mommy!"


We all had a grand time, and we're sad to leave, but Aunty Rachel had an English class she had to get to. We were able to keep Meggy distracted with songs and games until right after we left the park. Then she all of a sudden realized what we were doing. 


This is Meggy trying to run back to the park. ;) 












Comments

Popular Posts