February

Oh February, month of all awful months. The fact that you have two less days does not fool me. You can try your conniving tricks of being sunny, and smelling like spring, but I know you, and I know this is all just a ruse.

It's supposed to snow in two days. The weather channel says so. 

Aaaand that's how I'm feeling today. Between the dark weather, baby blues and the cold, I've had a hard time getting though the past few weeks. However I've done my best to be responsible; I've upped my vitamin D, made sure that Meggy and I get a little bit of sunshine when we DO get some warm/sunny weather, and I've been limiting my carbs. Sort of. I did NOT eat the whole bag of Kroger-brand golden Oreos yesterday, and I feel that shows a lot of restraint. ;)

I am ready for summer. It can't come soon enough. I am so excited to take Meggy to the pool, to have play dates at the playground, to teach her how to eat a homemade popcicle, and to practically live at the frozen yogurt shop downtown. They have awesome yogurt. And Meggy is still young enough that I can fool her into thinking I'm giving her a treat, but really eating most of the frozen yogurt myself. I only have this year before she gets smart, and I intend to take full advantage of it. 

This kid is going to kick my behind this summer, I can already tell. We had some friends let us borrow a bouncer, and she is going to TOWN in that thing! Bouncy bouncy bouncy, all the time, up and down. She bounces in time to the music I play, or the theme show songs when Thomas and I watch tv. She bounces when I cook, and when I'm frantically looking for the paper that was just on the sofa last night. She bounced herself to sleep a few days ago, and I just left her in the bouncer. When she woke up, she went right back to bouncing!! Margaret can't walk yet, but as soon as she does, this kid is going to be in way better shape than I am. I'm predicting a lot of days spent running around the park. 

That's all. I need to be better about updating my blog other than the monthly Meggy updates. But she's so darn cute, I spend most of my time chasing her around and watching her grow up instead of writing about it :) 

Comments

Popular Posts