It's almost Christmas!

So I'm sitting here at my In-laws while Thomas is watching some uber-guy hip-hop movie. Sooo not my thing, and I realized that I hadn't updated the blog in a while!

(Don't you wish you could sleep so well?)


We've been having fun with the families for the past couple weeks. Thomas, Meggy and I went to my parent's for Thanksgiving, where we ate too much and Meggy had a blast with her aunties. They loved playing with her, dancing around, showing her the animals, and spoiling her rotten.

When we came home from that, I got busy helping get the church Christmas party ready! I cut out 60-something stars, and they gym at church looked beautiful with the stars all over the walls. Margaret of course looked adorable in her little Santa outfit - I love having a girl I can dress up!


Meggy helped Thomas and me rehearse our lines for the Christmas skit. Thomas and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph, and Meggy charmed a couple of people into holding her while her Daddy and I were up on stage.


Isn't our Santa Baby the cutest?! She was all smiles and adorbs after the party, and we had to get a few pictures. 

Don't let the look fool you - she loves kisses. ;)

We put up our tree a while ago, and Meggy hasn'really known what to do with it. She HAS however learned that we had strings hanging down from our mini-blinds behind the tree, and they were yummy to chew on.


Also yummy things to chew on - Daddy's xbox headset, and avocados.



Last sunday church was canceled, so Thomas came up with the fun idea to make cookies for the neighbors! He got to work cutting out gingerbread men and stars, and I whipped up a batch of snickerdoodle bars. Meggy wasn't really into the whole thing, until she got her own cookie cutter to play with. 


Thomas was very particular about his cookies.

Meggy inspects the cookie cutter. 


Looking at the goodies!

This week we are at the Vances', where we had the annual family chinese auction (like a white elephant exchange) and just had fun spending time together. Thomas is working Christmas day, so we won't be spending it with them, as we thought. :(

That's about it for now. Meggy gets her monthly update in a week - my baby is almost EIGHT months!! - so I'll hold off on the milestones. But I'll leave you with a sweet picture:





Comments

Popular Posts