Happy Christmas Eve - and a Meggy update!

This post is a day late, but I had to take pictures of Meggy in her Santa outfit for her 8mo pictures. Isn't it the CUTEST thing?! I love this little outfit, and she has gotten sooooo many compliments. Best Target purchase of the year, hands down.



8 months baby! She has done SO much this month, it's crazy! I was sitting down, nursing her this evening (she must have been really tired, because she actually sat still for once) and I realized how big she's gotten. I remember holding her in the crook of my arm, and now she's such an active little thing, there's no way I can hold her with just one arm!



We passed the crawling milestone, and then an hour later she was pulling up on furniture. That Tuesday was a blast, and I didn't get anything done. (If my husband is reading this, no that is not a normal day.) It is now quite fun attempting to cook, or do laundry, as I have a little shadow wherever I go. Meggy is still really good at playing by herself, when she wants to. She only wants to about 20% of the time, and the rest of the time she wants to play with mommy!! Of course, Meggy loves when Thomas comes home from work, but lately she's content to go back to me once she gets over her initial excitement about daddy being home.



 Margaret is still really good about going to people who aren't her parents - we spent a long weekend at my in-laws, and I don't think I saw my baby unless it was time to feed her. Her grandpa is completely smitten, and her grandma was determined to get her to cuddle. (HA!) Meggy decided not to sleep at all during that trip, which made for a very grumpy and frustrated me, but she just wanted to be part of the action. The cousins provided lots of entertainment, so long as they didn't get too loud or too close - with the exception of the doggie cousin, who was allowed to get pretty close. Roo loved Meggy, and the feeling was reciprocated. Dogs always feel the need to shower Meggy with kisses, which is something she's not usually thrilled about. The funny thing is that Meggy loves dogs so much that she'll keep going back, even though she doesn't want to be licked! The crux of Meggy's experience with Roo came when I looked down and found Meggy 'cuddling' with Roo. So cute, right? Upon closer examination, we discovered that Meggy was chewing on Roo's tags, and poor Roo was very patiently letting Meggy pull on her collar and tags. If/when we get a dog, I hope we are able to find one as tolerant and patient as the loving Roo!!




"Blah, babababa, balaa, thhbbbbbbbbb!" This is a normal Meggy sentence, repeated numerous times during the day and night. At the moment, "b" is her favourite constanant, with a few "meh"s thrown in, just to tease me. Thomas claims that she's said mama, but I think it was an accident. I love to watch this little girl talk. I can tell the difference when she's trying to 'say' something, and when she's just babbling to hear herself make sounds. When Daddy's gone during the day, we have shouting compitions, especially in the bathroom, where we can hear our voices echo. Meggy LOVES that, and she has so much fun trying to get louder than mama. 


New favourite "squishy" face. She makes it to both smile, and fuss.


Cutest. Face. Ever.



My baby is a people person. This is a hard concept for an introvert such as myself to wrap my mind around, but my daughter really and truly loves people. Watching them, being held by them, being complimented by them.... we are working on getting her to actually smile at them. Or wave. Neither one can be performed upon command yet. However she likes people talking and interacting with her, which is great, since we can still ask anyone to babysit her, and she doesn't freak out. This past weekend Thomas and I went to see Saving Mr. Banks (absolutely fantastic movie by the way!) and Meggy was babysat by a family on our ward, who was having a pre-family hangout at the grandparents. Apparently she was passed around to many hands, and she was really good. It probably helped that they also have a lot of dogs, and as we've discussed, the child likes her doggies.


Thomas says he fully expects Meggy to be walking by 9 months. I'm ok if she doesn't! She's so good at pulling herself up on anything, and she'll cruise back and and forth along the sofa, but she hasn't tried to be adventurous yet. Another thing we still don't have is teeth. On one hand that's great, since I'm still nursing, but on the other hand, it seems like 8 months is pretty late to not have teeth. Am I right?


Bananas are a favourite, much to my chagrin. I can't stand the smell (BAD pregnancy moment) but she loves the darn things. 

I love this munchkin. She is so awesome and cool, and fun! I can't believe in 4short months, I will have a year-old on my hands!! Where does the time go?! 


Comments

Popular Posts