Seven months (and a few days)

So this month has gone by way too fast, and while I realized Saturday was the 23rd, it wasn't until last night that I thought "huh, Meggy turned seven months yesterday." And there are no official pictures as of yet, but she's sleeping in this morning, so I thought it'd be a good time to get this post out! I'm also waaaay behind on my blogging, but it's the holidays, and that's just what happens. That's my excuse anyway.

Onto the babykins!

(Meggy answering a question in Sunday school. She's so smart.)

We have had SO many new things this month, this kiddo is just growing by leaps and bounds! Margaret is now a pro at sitting up, reaching, passing items from one hand to another, playing peekaboo, babbling, and (funny enough) nursing. We'll start with the last one first: Meggy has figured out where her meals come from. Not that she wasn't an expert before, I've never had a problem nursing her. However, now she's starting to connect that I make certain movements before I feed her. She knows the nursing pillow, and gets excited when I grab it. She'll get even more excited when I start re-arranging my shirt, and when she sees the goods, she lunges. I'm not even kidding, this girl loves her food. She's also a pro at getting distracted while she's nursing. We can't nurse around people anymore, because she'll pop up to see what's going on. If I'm listening to music and a song changes, if Thomas calls out from another room in the house, if we're at church and another baby starts babbling -pop - and my attempt at modesty is shattered. 
We've started on solid food, but Meggy isn't sold. She likes fruit, but I try to give that sparingly, and do more veggies. She doesn't like veggies. She'll tolerate them being mixed with rice cereal, but won't eat very much on their own. She had some blueberries Saturday that she LOVED. I mashed them up and fed them to her. Once she realized what was going on, she'd very loudly go "ehhh, ehh!" until I popped another piece in her mouth. 

(Fuzzy, but that's her usual expression)


The other big news about Margaret is that she is THIS close to crawling! She does this thing that Thomas calls 'worming' where she scoots her legs up under her belly, and then throws her arms out. It gets her moving, but not too fast. She's also really good at rolling, so between the two, she's able to get from one end of the living room to the other very quickly! On one hand it's great, because she's much better about entertaining herself when she can get to the toys she wants. On the other hand, it's a kitten nerve-wracking for her Mama when she gets caught up somewhere,like under the table, or under a tv tray. 

Look at that baby!

We had Rachel come and visit for a few days, and we put up our Christmas tree with her. I forgot to get pictures, but Meggy is fascinated by the tree! She thinks the lights are so cool, and she is almost afraid to touch them. She's not afraid of the tree though, and she's yanked on a few branches. It's ok though - the reason we got this tree was so our first cats and kids could run it through the mill, and someday we'll have a really nice one. 


More cuteness - pigtails!! Margaret's hair on top of her head is long enough to get into her eyes, so I tried ponies, and it worked! And it looks adorable!!!!


(Meggy loves paper at the moment, and she's a big help when we go to the grocery store - she tries to eat my list to keep things interesting.)


As always,Meggy loves loves loves bathtime! It's her favourite thing, and she loves her little tub.


It's also one of my favourite things to do with her :) 

I think that's it for this month! We're excited to go to C'ville for Thanksgiving, where Aunty Rachel is determined for Meggy to start crawling. We'll see!




Comments

Popular Posts