One month!

Alrighty - in the past month of new mommyhood, I've managed to pass some milestones:

I've learned how to breastfeed, and discovered that it is still a learning process.

I've changed 4 diapers in a row without ever leaving the changing pad.

Thomas and I have discovered how testy we get with just 4 hours of sleep for 3 nights in a row.

I have mastered the elusive 'bounce n' rock', which is the only thing that can calm Meggy down sometimes.

I've gone almost an entire day talking about myself in the 3rd person. "Mommy knows you're hungry baby girl, but so is she. Can you let mommy get something to eat first?....no, you're going to scream your head off? Ok, mommy will feed you now, but next chance she gets, mommy is going to demand that daddy make her cookies." (This would annoy my Nana to no end if she heard me. Hopefully I didn't do it around her.)

I've gone all mama bear when it was suggested I wasn't doing the best thing for my baby. Maybe I didn't have everything down pat, or the knowledge of a mother of 4+, but I am doing the best I can for my baby girl, and anyone who might suggest otherwise is going to get a punch in the face. At least, I will imagine punching them in the face. 


We visited my family last week. Meggy got to meet her great-grandmas and great-papa! (Sadly I have no pictures of this; my mom was in charge of pictures.) I'm so glad they got to see her when she's still so little. Grandma relayed lots of stories from when I was a baby, as well as from dad's childhood. Nana and Rachel almost had a smackdown over who got to hold Meggy, and Papa sang her lots of 'old' songs.  I only got to hold my daughter when she was hungry, but it was really nice to be with the family. 

We moved into our new house two days before we went up to Palmyra. It was a stressful two days, and then to have to leave so soon after getting in left Thomas and I feeling a bit unsettled. It was hard to be away for a whole week, but it's wonderful to be in OUR house, with all of our little family under one roof. Flynn is very happy to be back with us, after sending two months at my parents house. He misses his playmates, but we love having him back in our lives! Meggy totally ignores him, but he's not sur what to make of her. He's definitely jealous of the attention she gets, especially from Thomas. Flynn has always been Daddy's little boy, and he does not like sharing his time with the little squalling thing that hits him every time he tries to sniff her. He'll sulk over to me and let me pet him, but as soon as I get Margaret back, Flynn goes right back to his daddy. 


I won't say too much about the new house, because that deserves a post of its own. I still need to get picture of the place - there really hasn't been a whole lot of time to do so! Thomas has been wonderful about getting everything unpacked and put in its place. We only have one room left with boxes, except for the baby's room. Thomas spent yesterday priming Margaret's room, and he and my dad (who is driving down tonight) are going to paint it tomorrow! I'm super excited - we're using Disneys new paint line, which is supposed to be super durable and great for kids. They have colors based on Winnie the Pooh; I chose Blustery Day Blue, and Bee a Friend Yellow. I can't wait to see how they're going to look on her walls. Light blue and yellow, with a mossy green as an accent color. Don't worry, I'll be taking pictures!!

That's pretty much it! Life is a lot slower for me these days, which is nice. Rachel is coming this week to help out with things, so hopefully we'll be able to get a lot of things done around the house. I don't think she'll have an issue holding her niece as I fix up her room. 



Next up: Our New House!





Comments

Popular Posts