So long, farewell...

Well, that's it folks, we are officially out of Maryland. We've spent the last week packing up for ourselves, and sorting everything else to go into storage for a month. We have a house (a real house! We're officially grown ups now!) but there are people renting it, and we can't officially kick them out until April 25th. So we are renting a townhouse until then, as our realtor was kind enough to work out a deal with one he's trying to sell.

*apparently I totally forgot about this post, when I wrote the one above. So, look above for the more detailed version of Flynns surgery, and chalk up another one to pregnancy forgetful syndrome.

On top of moving, and getting ready for this baby, Flynn decided to give us a good scare on Thursday. We had noticed Monday that he wasn't feeling too well- throwing up a lot, and not eating too much. I thought it might be anxiety from all the changes we were making, as cats are usually very sensitive to that. However, when he stopped eating altogether on Thursday, I took him to the vet, who did some x-rays and found out that there was this huge mass in his tummy! Luckily for us, they were able to operate on him that afternoon, and they found he had about 20 hair ties in his belly. Hair ties.

Flynn came home Saturday, a very grumpy and sore kitty. His apartment was totally rearranged, he hadn't seen his family in two days, and worst of all..... he had to wear the cone of shame. Apparently I can't post it from my iPad, but I managed to get a picture of him Sunday night; he's wearing his cone, sitting on a box of kitty litter, looking down at the bag that has all his toys and food in it. He looks very pathetic.

We are now staying at Mom and Dad's for a week. We're trying to finalize things with the house, figure out what to do with Flynn (he has 6 stitches that need to be taken care of) and find a doctor for me down south. Thankfully my family is very loving and kind, and keeps doing things like bringing me water, and finding my shoes. I seem to loose them very often lately.

Comments

Popular Posts