Life doesn't slow down

No matter how much you may want it to, life just keeps throwing the punches, doesn't it?

I've been very neglectful of my poor little blog lately. I have a good reason for doing so though! In the past 3 weeks, we have dealt with the cat needing surgery, put an offer on a house (yes, a real house!) packed up all our things, debated the pros of living out of our cars for a month, found a place to rent, moved, and Thomas started his job on Wed.


*apparently I totally forgot that I already wrote about this in the post below. This one is the more detailed version of Flynn's surgery, and chalk up another incident to pregnancy forgetful syndrome.*


First thing's first. Five days before we were supposed to be leaving MD, poor little Flynn started throwing up all over the place. We had already noticed he hadn't been eating well for a few days, but chalked it up to anxiety, since we had been packing like crazy, and had stuff all over the apartment. However, when he started licking his wet food dry, and then throwing THAT up, we decided that he needed to go to the vet. It's a good thing we took him, because once he got x-rayed, we saw there was something filling up his little belly. The vet thought it might be a power cord or something, and informed us he needed surgery that afternoon.
Well, I love that little kitty as much as the next person, but let me tell you, right there in that moment,  all I could think about was the fact that he was a cat, we were getting ready for a HUGE life change in five days (and a baby in a month!) and I didn't think we could afford surgery on an 8 month old cat. Then I called Thomas.
Flynn is the first pet that Thomas has ever had that was " his". Flynn loves us both, but he is Thomas' baby, his buddy, and best pal. The reason I had taken Flynn to the vet that morning, was because Thomas was such a mess from seeing Flynn so sick, and didn't think he could handle it if there was really bad news. I called Thomas to talk about the possibility of surgery, but when I called, there was no discussing it. He asked how soon in the day it could be, how Flynn was feeling, and if I needed him to come to the vet for anything.
Around $1,230 later, Flynn came home minus twenty hair elastic ties, and with 6 stitches and a cone. He was pretty miserable at first, especially when we went to my parents last week (we got to spend a week with them!) and nobody would let him out of his bedroom to play with the other kitties. As of yes today however, he's had his stitches out, and has been given a clean bill of health! Now if he can just stop eating the hair ties. I'm seriously considering getting my hair cut, so those aren't a temptation anymore.

That's probably the biggest story so far. We spent last week with my fam, which was lovely, and I didn't have to do ANYTHING. After having Passover dinner with them, I drove down to Christiansburg the next day, where we are renting a townhouse until we can move into OUR house! Things are slowly progressing on that end... We just really hope we can move in before we have the baby. I keep telling her to stay in until after her due date (May 3rd, and she's actually measuring a week behind that) but you never know.
Thomas loves his new job, the people are really friendly, and sweet. It's a diffent pace than he's used to, but I think he's getting the hang of it. I'll just be happy when he stops driving like a Marylander down here in southern VA. Its a little scary driving with him until he gets used to the slower, politer pace.

We're at the library today. Thomas is finishing up taxes, and I'm attempting to meal plan. I not doing a very good job at all - trying to find low-carb food that's filling for more than an hour is difficult. And I don't feel comfortable cooking in a kitchen that's not mine. That hasn't stopped me however; I've already made baked fried chicken, turkey burgers, and I have a sweet and sour chicken planned for our Easter dinner tomorrow! It's much more fun to cook now that I don't have to think about it while working all day. Thomas has noticed that I'm so much happier lately, even with the crazy hormones, and the fact that I feel like a cow. And I am - even though money is so tight I think my wallet cries every time we go into the grocery store, and we don't know where we'll, be living when our little girl comes, and we're apart from our baby kitty; despite those, and other difficulties, I am so much more happy and relaxed now that I'm not working anymore!! I feel very blessed to be where we are at the moment, and I look forward to making this town our new home.

Comments

  1. You are so cute! I'm glad that Flynn is feeling better and that I was able to see both you and Thomas while you were in town! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts