Sunday snoozin'

Thomas is sacked out on my lap as I type, with Johnny-kitty sleeping on his arm. He's had a hard week adjusting to the new hospital at which he is doing clinicals (Thomas, not Johnny). It's in a rough part of town, where there are a lot of people who come into the hospital with gun wounds. Apparently the ultrasound tech Thomas works under is absolutely crazy, with personality issues towards those she works with. However, she's a genius at her work, and has excellent patient care. Thomas isn't exactly where he thought he'd be at the moment (he THOUGHT he was going to be at a rotation in Pennsylvania, but that didn't work out) and I think he's a bit frustrated. This rotation is the shortest one in his program though, and he just has to make it to the end of March. Which is fast approaching!

I'm always amazed at how fast February is. It seems like it takes forever, and then it's gone. And then comes March, which really does take forever.

We are coming out of a difficult month as a family. Johnny is having a hard time adjusting to single, apartment life. He's always had other animals around to keep him company, even when the humans are gone, and now he's stuck in an apartment by himself for a good 8 hours, 5-6 days a week. We can tell that he loves days like today, when we're both home for a long amount of time. He's been showing his displeasure at 4am in the morning, when he'll meow at the top of his lungs, run around the apartment, and just make it so that there is no way Thomas and I will be able to get any sleep. He also has issues with loud noises. We have a neighbor who likes to scream into her phone from about 10am to 1pm every day. This drives Johnny nuts, and he will run around the apartment, making very odd noises while this is going on. He does the same for sirens, of the police and fire variety, and for loud music, and shouting people. Living in the "city" as we do, we have a lot of these, and I think it's giving him a bit of a nervous breakdown. I've tried giving him calming 'treats', and those slightly help. I don't know what to do - we've talked about taking back to my parents, but then we have a few days when all three of us behave, and Johnny is such a sweetheart, and we fall in love with him all over again. Apparently we are supposed to keep him for a while now. :)

~~~

I got a job promotion! I am now officially full-time at work, which came with a $3.50 pay raise. This is very lovely, and helped renew my faith in prayer. I know Thomas and I have many people praying for us, and I sincerely believe this would not have come to pass without help from the Big Guy upstairs. Thomas and I were just at the place where we were wondering how we were going to pay for rent from May until he gets a job - here's our answer! We need to do a lot better in the financial area - and we are, but we still do. :) Thankfully we only have one debt to pay off after Thomas finishes school, and I'm very proud of us for having that one. I got my new Target card in the mail yesterday, which I'm so happy to have (yay 5% savings!) and once I figure my new schedule out, I'm hoping to get back to semi-couponing. I'm not good at it in the slightest, and I have friends who are way more dedicated - however, these friends wouldn't be caught dead at Wal-Mart, which is where the Hubby and I do the majority of our shopping. So I feel that if I do minor couponing, it probably evens out. Even if Giant has the "good" food. I keep reminding myself that this is not permanent, and how awesome our reward will be when we CAN go shopping at Giant . It's the little things like that, that keep me going.

I'm going to go back to my sleeping husband and kitty. Thomas is making a surprise dinner out of our Disney World cookbook (thanks Mom!), and I've been told that I'm not allowed in the kitchen. All I know is that when I came home from visiting teaching this afternoon, our kitchen smelled VERY STRONGLY of limes. And then Thomas asked me the best way to juice a lime, for "future reference." :) I love my honey.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts