It's cold

It's very cold outside, and I managed to position myself in Panera, right next to the air vent. you'd think that they know it's in the mid-40s outside right now, but they don't seem to care. Or they just want me out, as was evidenced by the server who just came and took my plate and smoothie that I had JUST finished. I know Dad manages to stay and actually do work when he comes to Panera during the day, but I just don't have the heart to stay long after they take my food. I feel as though I'm taking advantage of their space and wi-fi. Even if there are only like, 10 people in the whole place.

It's cold, it's 9:45, and I don't have to be at work until 12. These are the type of days during which I REALLY wish I had a car. I woke up at 6:15 when Thomas's alarm went off, then again at 7 when he actually got out of bed to study, and then again at 7:50, when Thomas woke me up and told me we had to leave in 15 minutes. I am not a morning person, especially when I have been woken up that many times during the day. Someday I hope to be able to jump out of bed the way my husband does (he literally does jump. I'm not kidding.) but until then, I just put up with his attempts to make me smile on the way to Panera (I've told him I just don't smile until after 10am) and wait for him to pour me out at the door. Today was a cinnamon crunch and smoothie (free with the MyPanera card!) breakfast. It's great, because I don't think I'll be getting a lunch today, just a dinner break at work.

I'm ready to go away somewhere warm. It really hasn't been too bad at all here, until yesterday. It's like all of a sudden the weather said "Oh yeah, it's December, gotta get on that!" and WOOSH - the cold air blew in. I can't beleive Christmas is in a little over 2 weeks! Which reminds me - I need to look at Christmas lists before I leave today. I have 3 hours to shop at Kohls, payless and Target, and I'm getting Christmas presents by hook or by crook! This is one of the times when I wish I had a ipod, or a phone with internet. I would be able to shop with my phone, like they did in this week's episode of Modern Family, and not attempt to remember which of the 3 Indiana Jones movies my brother and sister-in-law actually own. This sounds really bad, but Thomas and I re hoping to find movie selections in the bargain bin at Target.

Is that terrible?

I'm also off to get a wedding card for our friends (one more week to go Cassie, wooohooo!) and parmesan cheese for dinner tonight. When I told Thomas that I was going shopping, he looked at me like I was crazy. "What, you're going shopping, and then to work? Do you think you're going to be able to keep all your bags in the locker?" I informed him that that was why I brought my backpack. As long as I can stuff everything in my backpack, I can stuff the backpack into my locker. And if all else fails, I'll put it in a plastic bag in the fridge.

Okay, I'm off to do Christmas shopping, than work from 12-close. TTFN!

Comments

  1. People smile before 10 in the morning? Are you sure they're people?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts