Miscellaneous May

Holy cow, was May a crazy month. Honestly I can't believe that we're already more than a week into June. May was just so crazy, with family and graduations and birthdays AND a Royal Wedding that, honestly, it's a good thing our invite got lost in the mail. I really don't know how we could have fit in a weekend trip to Windsor. 


The beginning of May brought out the first popsicles of the season! Wren really enjoyed it, but had a hard time figuring out how to eat something so cold. Meggy didn't have any issues.


I did a thing and got my hair cut! It was a little leap of faith to do, but I love it (and got it cut even shorter last week) and it's so much easier to deal with now!


Nana came to visit for a few weeks and spent one of those weeks with us! Meggy put her to work playing hard, and I think we wore her out a little bit.


In the middle of everything, Thomas and Rachel graduated from Piedmont Virginia Community college! We are all so proud of them! Thomas finally has a degree to go along with his 4 (FOUR!) years of schooling for which he's only received certifications. Rachel is going to be getting her Bachelor's at VCU.


Richmond is only an hour away, but we are going to miss our Aunty Rachel very, very much.


So SO proud of this guy!!!


Breakfast with the aunties.


Mother's day was hectic - we had two (Great) Grrandmas, two sets of grandparents and our family. We went to church for one hour, the to the Vance's, then to the Richardson's, then dropped Thomas off at work before the girls and I headed home.


These are the two pictures I got on Mother's day.


Before Nana left, we too her strawberry picking on a rainy day. It was perfect, not too hot (cuz of the rain) and the strawberries were freshly washed!




Some other things that happened this month: Meggy went to the dentist and only freaked out the littlest bit. Once she got in the chair, she was an absolute champ, and I was SO so proud of her. She's come a long way since her first dentist visit. I can still hear those screams.


The one Saturday we didn't have plans, was spent doing a LOT of errands. While we were waiting for dinner, Meggy drew this picture of our family, and hearts. And Target. And hearts for Target.


At the end of the month, Uncle Brian came to visit! Somehow I didn't get a picture of him, but I did get a picture of Meggy at the bowling alley where we took him.


As always these two little girls have kept me on my toes, and kept me smiling and giggling as we hurdled into June.


New swimsuits! Well, Meggy's is new. Wren is learning the delights that come from having an older sister who hands down ill-fitting old clothes. It's delightful.


And now we get to enjoy June! Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts