It's TOO DARN HOT

That song from "Kiss Me Kate" has been my mantra this month. August has both flown and dragged by... flown, because I have no idea how it can be the 25th already. Dragged because every day has been above 85, with high, high humidity. I normally have a good tolerance for such things, but NOT while I'm pregnant! Luckily, Meggy has a fun Daddy who has been doing lots of things with her this month, while I sit and complain about the weather. 


One fun thing we got to do was take Thomas to the lake! He had a random wednesday off, of which Meggy and I took advantage. Meggy got to run and play in the sand, and I got to sit and watch. Win/win!


It's been a rough month for us all though. Thomas is still working lots of hours a week, and Meggy has been going through a tough growth spurt. Therefore the three of us have been grabbing lots of naps when we can get them!


Our new house has been dealing with the heat just about as well as I have! We have discovered that while the a/c on the second level works just fine, the a/c on our main level just kinda knonks out when the temperature+humidity gets too high. Which means that our kitchen is regularly 80 degrees. Which means that we've been eating out a lot more than is normal for us. I'm looking forward to being able to cook in my kitchen again (without cooking myself!) but it's been fun to try new foods, and introduce Meggy to foods we don't normally eat. 


Then of course there's always the "we spent the morning running errands, so we'll treat ourselves to Costco frozen yogurt" lunch.


Normally I don't condone fall stuff in August, but if it comes with the promise of cooler weather, I'm all for it! Halloween is one of Meggy's favourite holidays, and she's been very excited seeing all the ghosts and pumpkins pop up everywhere. Since it's potentially our last holiday with just the three of us, my plan is to do it up big this year!


Meggy got invited to a birthday party this month! She wasn't too fond of the slip-n-slide options, but discovered a love for rainbow sherbet!


Someone discovered my Mickey Mouse ear collection, and tried them all. Then she gave me puppy-dog eyes and asked "Mommy, can you take me to see Mickey Mouse tomorrow, so I can show him these ears? Please?" 

Be still my heart!



This little girl has been SO good while I've been a mess this month. She's always up for an adventure, or just lying on the sofa. She doesn't complain when I know she thinks I'm too slow, and she's always up for a hug or some cuddles.


This past Monday was magical. It was only 83 degrees, with LOW humidity!!! I declared it a holiday, and while most people around us were going back to school, Meggy and I packed a picnic, swung by Target for special drinks and bubbles, and went to the park for the first time since June. We. Had. A. Blast. I discovered that my little girl isn't so little anymore! I was still having a hard time in the sun, so other than when she wanted to go in the swings, Meggy Mouse had a grand old time by herself, climbing up the play equipment, and making friends with other little girls at the park,


Bubbles! We blew lots and lots of bubbles in the shade.


I'm trying to hide my face because heat+exhaustion is not pretty. But I had to document us being able to play outside for once!



Hopefully as the summer winds down, we'll be able to do a lot more fun things like this that get us out of the house. In the meantime...

Our nap game is still strong over here.

Comments

Popular Posts