Disney World 2015 post 2

Hello and welcome to Disney World 2015 post 2 out of 3! This installment is Mom's pictures, and she's got some cute ones. They're also better quality than my phone, so that's cool too. 


Mom's pictures start on day 3, when we went to Animal Kingdom. I may have mentioned that this is not my favourite park - I don't love looking at animals, nor do I appreciate the fact that this park is usually 5 degrees (or more) hotter than the rest of the Orlando area. However, the rest of my family thought it was pretty cool, and got lots of pictures, and continued to have a blast after I used my tired kid as an excuse to leave.


The giraffes were pretty cool, and pretty close. This shot right here is actually how far away they were from our vehicle - no zoom required!



I really wasn't kidding about the tired kid. Meggy's and my grumpy level were both at 80% by this point.  I doubt they'd admit it, but I'm pretty sure the rest of our party gave a sigh of relief when we left. 


My pretty sisters! They were able to hang out while others of us took naps. And went to Epcot for dinner because their Mom was watching their kid.


Day 4! We got stuck on the Monorail for a little bit, but that was okay, because Meggy had a blast watching the birds fly around ourside.


Meggy adored all the pumpkins around the Magic Kingdom, and we had a lot of fun looking for them.


On Thunder Mountain with Mom! Hi!!


Rachel and Meggy sat out the big rides (Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain) and had conversations with Dog.


Meggy loved that Aunty Rachel carried Pascal around everywhere - it was like having an extra friend!






Snacks in Gaston's tavern.


While Rachel, Thomas, Rebecca and I went on the Mine Train, Beema and Meggy went on Prince Charming's carousel!


Apparently Meggy knew exactly which horse she wanted, and dragged Beema halfway around the carousel until she got to it.


Dog also appreciated riding the horse.


Lunch with Pooh and friends! Eeyore was a doll, as always.


Somewhere there is a picture of us with Piglet from 12 years ago...


They gave us an anniversary cupcake! It was pretty yummy, and Meggy helped us blow out the candle.


ADORABLE!


Tigger saw that Thomas was wearing a birthday pin, and directed us all in a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday to You".


The Disney World Band also played happy birthday - because we were there on Magic Kingdom's 45th birthday!


Last year, Rachel promised Meggy that she would get her very own Stitch when we went to Disney World. She made good on her promise, and Meggy was completely in loooove with her Stitch!


Mom's favourite ride!

Friday we split up a bit. Thomas went out on his own to Epcot at 8:30, before the rest of us even woke up. Mom went out after him, then Rachel, Meggy and I followed. Meggy lasted long enough for me to go on Soarin', but then she was done-zo. Mom's ankle was hurting, so we went back to the resort, where the three of us rested, while Rachel and Thomas started eating their way around the world.
Thomas and Rachel were very generous, and when they got back around 6, took over toddler duty while I followed Mom out to Epcot, and *we* ate our way around the world. Well, I managed half the world - Mom was already halfway through by the time I got there.


We had a blast dodging the people who made the unfortunate decision to drink their way around the world. We had a LOT of yummy food, my favourite of which was a chocolate truffle dipped in liquid nitrogen! As we were heading out, the sky opened, and we got DRENCHED. 


Somehow we ended up on a bus heading back to Pop Century and when we went through the food court, we bumped into someone we knew! This very attentive and helpful cast member gave us a detailed tour of the drinks station, and we met her trainer and coworker who both seemed awesome and fun. Also, I got hot chocolate because did I mention I was completely soaked?


Also, Pop was pretty busy. Here I am holding the famous tie-dye cheesecake. If you can get over the immense amount of dye, it's super yummy, and the crust is red velvet cake. We shared it amongst the 5 of us when Mom and I squeaked our way back to our room.


Our last day, we had breakfast at Ohana with Lilo and Stitch. It took a looong time for Stitch to come over to us, and Meggy was about to loose it, so I had pulled out my phone for her to watch Octonauts - and Lilo came over to watch with her! Meggy loved pointing out the characters to Lilo, and I'm very grateful for Lilo making what could have been a meltdown, into a special moment.


Matchy-Matchy!


Heeere's the big guy! Mickey was looking rather relaxed as we made our way out of Disney. Meggy made sure to point out that he was wearing a "Lei-loo" just like Mommy.

Comments

Popular Posts