Second end of summer post...

Mom and I are driving down to Florida in about two hours, but I realized as I was cleaning out my phone this morning that I have a BUNCH of pictures from the past 2 months that I haven't posted! So, for the grandparents, here's a picture essay of August and September.


We went to visit Iliana and her family for Ily's birthday at the end of August. These two girls are such sweet friends - SUCH different personalities but they have a fun time together. I was also happy to have some grownup time with Leti and Brent - we really hate living so far away from our friends!


 Meggy and I had another craft day! We mixed together shaving cream and cornstarch to make a squishy-wishy playdoh. Margaret LOVED the shaving cream. She kept saying "More squish Mom?" every time she wanted me to spray some more shaving cream into her hands.


Thomas and I had our 4-year anniversary on the 3rd! We didn't get any good pictures of the two of us, but Meggy worked hard to pamper me before our big date. She painted my toes and nails with her special nail polish, and it looked great! Actually, it was very...interesting, but even though we went to a nice restaurant, I couldn't take it off. She worked so hard filing my nails, and painting them in the colors she picked our especially for me. Every time I looked down at my nails that night, I was reminded how special our time together was.


As you can see, Knightly and Meggy are still best buds. Meggy is very affectionate with her "leedle buddy" and has so much fun tossing him toys and cuddling with him... until she gets scratched. Then we have to remind her that hitting is not okay.


Labor day weekend, we drove two hours north to Thomas's Uncle's lake house. It's this adorable little thing right on the lake, and we all had an absolute blast. We spent most of the day in that pontoon boat behind us, and Meggy was in Heaven! She was navigating that boat like a pro by the end of our day, and she especially liked Reecee, the Vance's little dog, who followed her everywhere. Meggy got to eat spicy chips, cuddle with her Pawpaw, and splash in the river at the end of the day. We can't wait to go back again next year!


They have a teeny beachfront right in front of their house, which was perfect for splashing with Meggy at the end of the day.


We've been preparing for our Disney trip all summer, but this past month has been crunch time. Meggy especially liked it when we got our Magic Bands package, although I think I'm going to have a hard time convincing her they're not ALL for her.


This is how we spent the day that everyone else went back to school - the pool and ice cream. I think it may become a tradition!




Meggy spent a recent trip to Trader Joe's running around with her cart (until I filled up and all of a sudden it was "too heaby Mommy") At one point I told her "Meggy, you're crazy!"She responded "Nooo, I not keazey Mommy, I silly!!"


Thomas had a day off work last week! It was so much fun, and we had a wonderful family day, starting off with a walk by our river. Meggy and Thomas kept looking in the river for fish and turtles. They found at least 5 of each.


We ended our family day by driving to Richmond for Lush (my favourite bath and body store) and California Pizza Kitchen. I was struck by how grown up Meggy is when we sat down and not only did she quietly color while Thomas and I ordered and talked, but she actually ate her food, and was just so sweet and pleasant for the entire dinner. The last time we had a sit-down dinner with her was last winter, and this was a lovely change. She's growing up so fast!


Checking out our mail.


This is one of the dresses I made for our Disney trip. It seems to be her favourite, as I put it on her to make sure it fit, and she refused to take it off for 3 days.


Here's our big news for September - our family is growing by four paws! Meet Nemo, to be re-named Darcy. He's about 7 weeks right now, and we'll be bringing him home a few days after we get back from Florida. His litter is full of the most adorable kittens you ever did see, so Meggy and I stopped by Caring for Creatures last Saturday to play with them. Oh how I wish we had more room for kitties! That little tabby in the picture below was SOOOO sweet, as was the smoky black one hiding behind her.


Kittens kittens everywhere! Meggy had a blast playing with all the kitties, and they wore each other out. The kittens were falling over from sleep-crashing, and Meggy fell asleep before we drive off Caring for Creature's property


"Look Mom, I climb-en! I climb by I-self!"


I am so proud of both Meggy and myself for this braid. She actually let me do it, and I had the patience to stick it out until the end.


Last but not least, here is my wonderful family. Meggy fell asleep on the way home from ballet class on Monday, and didn't wake up when we got her out of the car. Once Thomas settled on the bed, Knightly decided to join them.

I love my silly, loving wonderful family. September was pretty good to us... welcome Autumn!

Comments

Popular Posts