February

February is my least favourite month. I have had many people of the years say to me "At least it's the shortest month!" Or "It only lasts 28 days, that's not so bad, is it?"

(I really don't know what's going on here... But it seemed appropriate)

To those people, I say HA. It is bad. It's horrible in fact, especially if the first (and second and third) snow of the winter falls at the end of February. Sarah and snow do not mix, at all, in any way. I've spent the past month dreaming about when I'll be able to retire to Florida... Ahh, dreams. 

(Walking Dolly, all bundled up. This was on a 'warm' day.

We did have a little fun over Valentine's weekend, when we went down to visit our friends the Davis's. It was very lovely to see them, even if we didn't take any pictures as proof we were there. We also had a bit of an adventure - the four adults went out for dinner about 5 minutes away from their house. We had gotten two teenage babysitters for the girls, and we had a grand old time. However, it started to snow as we left the house, and when we finished with dinner, the roads were covered! Did I mention their house was up a huge hill? We had taken two cars, and Brent and Leti managed to make it up the hill just fine. Thomas started, but between the practically bald front tires and the fact that the frame is pretty heavy, we got stuck halfway up the hill. We slowwwwwly slid back down, and Brent walked down to try and help. I had Brent bring me boots, and I started hiking up the hill. Halfway up, the guys passed me in the car.... And then as the tired spun in the ice and snow, I passed them! It was horribly cold, with srong gusts of wind, and I thought to myself "So THIS is why pioneer women wore so many petticoats!" I was only wearing a dress under my wool coat, and decorative stockings. I made it into the house where Meggy was waiting for me right by the door. Thomas and Brent came in about 20 minutes later having left the car at the bottom of the hill, and walked up themselves. 

(The walk up that hill) 

Earlier that day, when we were still excited about the snow.

After that excitement, we ALL stayed home this past weekend, when it snowed a bunch in C'ville. Well, Meggy and I stayed home - Thomas spent the weekend at his parent's house, because he was on call at the hospital near them. He had a grand old time playing games and eating his mom's comfort food. Meggy and I watched a lot of Disney movies while sniffling, coughing, and getting over our colds.
 

Other things we have been up to this February include:

Getting a crash course on cleaning - because we like to start em early!


(Yes that is a potty on top of the...potty. And no, we haven't started training with it. I'm still working up the courage.)

Cooking - again with the early learning. Also what Meggy does when she doesn't like Mama's cooking. She has yet to figure out the cat doesn't care for my culinary genius either. 



And of course, lots and lots of playing. Meggy loves playing with her dolls - she has two babies in rotation that go everywhere with her!

Kisses for baby.


Knightly is usually NOT welcome in these imagination sessions. He ends up being wanted when he's busy doing other things. Like terrorizing birds through his favourite window. 



Yes, my daughter is in a bikini. We keep it in the dress up box, and call it her mermaid costume. The 'costume' usually comes out after seeing The Little Mermaid, or Lilo and Stitch. :-)

Cuddles with my old bunny. 

There you have it folks. My least favourite month, and I only have three more days of it to get through. In the meantime - whatcha think about my new haircut?





Comments

Popular Posts