Tired

I know I love summer, and I love humidity, and I love the laziness that the warmth and humidity provoke.

However.

I think this is a bit much. Everything is frying out there, including me. Apparently my workplace has never heard of dehumidifiers, and when I come home from work, I'm drenched in sweat, even though the AC is on the whole time.

I've decided that I am just not cut out to be a working girl. I read very well, I can clean when I put my mind to it, and I made a garlic parmesan pasta last week that blew my husband's socks off. (and that's really saying something, as he is SO DARN PICKY about his pasta.) I was told that as soon as I want to take over the dinner making, I was welcome to.

I told him when I stop coming home at 9pm every night, we'll talk about it.

But back to the heat. I don't know what's wrong with me this summer. I think I keep envisioning myself in Florida next to a pool.... or a beach. Where it can get as hot as it wants, and I don't have to go anywhere, or do anything, or, heaven forbid - work. 


Like this:



Okay enough complaining. 

On the bright side of things, we were given a coffee table, 3 little bookshelves and a baker's rack free by my boss. Other than being covered in cat hair, and smelling faintly of cigarette smoke, they're all pretty nice, and a good layer of Swiffer Dust&Shine Allergen reducer took care of most of the icky stuff.

Ain't technology amazing folks?

Time for work - bring on the deodorant! 


Comments

  1. yay for the free furniture! is the cig smell gone now? new pics of them in your place perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts