Tasty Treats

I know I haven't been around for a while, but I wanted to show y'all what Thomas and I made last Sunday! They were quite delicious and easy to make.


Ta-da! We made peanut butter cups from scratch! It only takes 3 ingredients; peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melting chocolate. According to the Food Network, the difficulty level was high, but I have no idea why. We got food paint brushes and a chocolate mold for supplies. We melted the chocolate, and swirled it around the mold to make the first layer. After that hardened (in the freezer, to speed things up a bit) we mixed 1 cup peanut butter with 1/4 cup powdered sugar. We just used Skippy brand, as that was all we had, but I think it'd taste even better with a more "natural" peanut butter. We dabbed that in, and put it back in the freezer to harden up. The hardest part was swirling around the top, because the chocolate kept hardening on the cold peanut butter. However, they all turned out lovely, and we took one batch to some neighbors of ours, and kept the other batch for ourselves. They were gone by Monday night!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts