Hellooo January (is it spring yet?)

I'm asking because I think it's 50 degrees outside. This has been the warmest winter that I can remember for a while back. I don't really buy into all that global warming stuff, but this is making me think again.

However, knowing me, we'll be snowed in for all of February.

Hi everyone! Have you missed me? All 3 of you? (Yes, I look at the stats of who reads this blog. It's ok though, cuz I keep forgetting to write on it.) Good, because I've missed my rantings on this blog. Which brings us to number one on my New Year's resolutions - I will be more happy about things in general.


Those of you who know me really well (*ahem* Sarah B, I'm talking to you) are probably rolling on the floor laughing out loud at me right now, but I'm really, really, reeeeeeeeeally going to try this year.
I have a very good example of someone who is continually cheerful in my husband. He's always happy, always ready to GO and DO, and it's so awesome! When it's not totally annoying. But really, he is so great about staying bright and cheerful and lifting up those around him. When I've asked him how he can stand to be in a relationship with such a Debbie Downer, he told me the sweetest thing. Apparently I wasn't the first person to ask him that question (this was back when we were engaged) and he told both of us that he truly feels as though God lead him to me, to help me to be happier in life. He said that he thinks perhaps he was going around being too full of helium, and that, while I help bring him back down to earth every once in a while, he's able to help lift me out of the dump, and that's one of the reasons God lead us to each other.

Isn't my husband the SWEETEST THING EVER?! Not to mention a hopeless romantic. :D

Happier attitude. working..... working....

Second resolution is I will be more fit and healthy.


Stop laughing. Please. I'm really serious about this.

Thomas and I got memberships to Gold's Gym, and we went for the first time last night. I surprised myself that I was able to hang on for 25 whole minutes on the elliptical, and I went 2.13 miles! Now, I have to say that it's really hard to get myself to exercise. Skipping past all the 'I just don't want to do it', I actually have physical problems with it. When I start a regular routine, I can shed weight like nobody's business (thanks to Mom's side of the family!) however, it takes quite a toll on my knee. I injured it when I was 16 - no idea what I did, I just woke up one morning and couldn't use it. Ever since then, I can't run without it REALLY hurting, and when I start doing lots of physical activity it swells up very nicely. You can see why working out is not usually on my list of things to do. However, as I mentioned before, the Post-Bridal 10 (15...20...) is REALLY catching up to me, and I can't afford to buy new jeans. So I'm swallowing my pride and pain, and with the support of my wonderful husband, starting to work out!

And when spring starts up again, I'll start eating healthy. But really it's so darn hard in the winter! All veggies taste the same from tomatoes to carrots, and thanks to my un-diagnosed Seasonal Affective disorder (also thanks to Mom's side of the family) I crave carbs* like nobody's business. So I' ve decided just to go with the flow and (about) the same portion of veggies and fruits and carbs. I'm part Norwegian, and my body thinks I need the extra body fat in the cold(ish) dark months.

Wonder where the Mexican side of me is hiding?

Those are really my only resolutions this year. Well, other than I will stop looking at clothes I can't afford, but that's one of those I make to break.

That's pretty much it. No pictures from the holiday season because I have no battery charger. I think with March's paycheck (yes, I have to look that far ahead. Did I mention we got TWO gym memberships?) I'll try to get another charger. Thankfully my parent's awesome present this holiday season was an Amazon Prime membership, so we get free shipping on Amazon! Whooo-yeah! Not to mention a free "library" book every month. Which, sadly is about all I can handle with all this work and stuff. I keep telling people that I used to read a book a day back when I was in high school. Now I'm lucky if I make it to a book a week. So sad.

Oh dear - husband is coming home in -2 hours. I still need to finish a Christmas present (we're having 2nd Christmas when my baby sister comes to visit!) and put sheets on the bed before he comes home. And get dressed. And perhaps remember to water the plant. And clean out the cat box.

I love my days off. :D

cheers!


 *ps - anyone else who claims it's because I'm pregnant, you will get the same death stare and silent treatment that the last person did. I'm. Not. Flipping. Pregnant.

Comments

  1. Oh dear. Yes, it woul be nice to blame things like weight gain, low motivation, and longing for carbs on something like pregnancy. But, as you've pointed out, you're my child. Our bodies go into Survival Mode when winter sets in - yes, please blame your Norwegian ancestors. Don't forget to up the vitamin D intake and try and get some extra fish oil in some way. We Vikings looooooove the fish oil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pahahah, Sarah! "Rolling on the floor laughing"? Give me some credit, I only grinned. ;) As for the S.A.D., I'm sorry, but selfishly happy to have company. <3 CARBS FOREVER!! I mean, eat healthy, yes. And good luck with working out. That's supposed to sound sincere.. you really do have my admiration! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts